passport extention after I485

Hi,
We filed I485 on 2/28/2002. My husband\'s passport is going to be expired on July. He is going to extend his passport soon. Will this affect on I485 application? Do we need to send the copy of the extended passport to INS?

Thanks.

Do you have to stamp passport or you can wait for a plastic card?

Have a similar issue. My wife\'s passport is about to expire. She learned that the consulate will need to take away an old passport while processing new one. And the processing takes up to 6 months.

What if approval will come while she doesn\'t have her passport? Do you have to stamp passport upon approval or you can just wait for a plastic card? I guess I\'m trying to find out what is better: to have expired passport or potentially no passport at all.

isn\'t passport extentsion done in one day

My friend extended his passport(Indian) in One day. I am planning to do the same. Are you getting confused with H -1B extension that takes about 6 months..just curious..

Good for you! Can\'t do the same!

Unfortunately my wife has not Indian but Russian passport and rules are different. They take away your passport and give you a new one in 6 months :-( f(*^

Well anyway this is the story. So does anybody know if you can skip passport stamping and wait for a plastic card and then try to get new passport?