Passport arrived, no Natz certificate

shadowfox

Registered Users (C)
Took my oath on July 24, applied dfor passport on July 26. My new passport arrived today, August 18. But the naturalization certificate wasn't with it. I'm guessing this is not normal. Anyone know what to do with this? I'm going to try to call someone, don't really know who, on Monday.

Any clues, whatever, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It will arrive separately.

Hi! I've read else where on this forum, that if you apply expedited with overnight both ways, then the certificate arrives within a day of two in a separate envelope.

Hope this helps!

Normal, it seems to be happening this way to quite a few people. Wait a few days and the certificate will arrive in a separate envelope. No need to panic or contact anyone. Save your time and energy to enjoy the weekend :)

Oh, thanks guys. :) It was just kind of a head-scratcher. It's nice to know that this is not an "I have to deal with USCIS again!" moment (to get a new copy of the naturalization certificate).

Will update if/when the certificate arrives. I did apply for expedited service.

Thanks again.

You should get it Monday or Tuesday. It will arrive separately by first class mail in a plain brown envelope.

-KM

Your Nat Cert should get there shortly

Shadowfox,
I too was very concerned when I did not see the Nat Cert with my passport. You should have had a pamphlet enclosed with your passport titled "PASSPORT & DOCUMENTATION MAILING INFORMATION"
There they write that "you will be receiving your documentation in a separate mailing sent via First Class mail".
They are usually mailed out the same day (ours were mailed from New Orleans). One gets to you next day Expedited and the other takes a couple of days longer via First Class mail.
Don't worry about it, it will get there.
Danny

02/28/2007 : Mailed N-400 application to Nebraska
03/01/2007: Priority date
03/12/2007: Got fingerprinted in Detroit
04/04/2007 Received interview appointment letter
05/30/2007 Interviewed in Cleveland
07/02/2007 Received letter giving oath date for July 31
07/31/2007 Oath ceremony in Toledo, Ohio
07/31/2007 Applied for expedited Passport
08/08/2007 Received passport.

Danny, I just read that pamphlet you described. :eek: That would have saved me a couple of hours of hyperventilating. Good thing I have this forum. Next time I receive anything from the government, I'll read everything that comes with it.

Thanks again, folks. Really really appreciate all the help.

did you get the new Epassport? and who was the passport facility?

Shadowfox,
I too was very concerned when I did not see the Nat Cert with my passport. You should have had a pamphlet enclosed with your passport titled "PASSPORT & DOCUMENTATION MAILING INFORMATION"
There they write that "you will be receiving your documentation in a separate mailing sent via First Class mail".
They are usually mailed out the same day (ours were mailed from New Orleans). One gets to you next day Expedited and the other takes a couple of days longer via First Class mail.
Don't worry about it, it will get there.
Danny

02/28/2007 : Mailed N-400 application to Nebraska
03/01/2007: Priority date
03/12/2007: Got fingerprinted in Detroit
04/04/2007 Received interview appointment letter
05/30/2007 Interviewed in Cleveland
07/02/2007 Received letter giving oath date for July 31
07/31/2007 Oath ceremony in Toledo, Ohio
07/31/2007 Applied for expedited Passport
08/08/2007 Received passport.

Naturalization certificate arrived today. :) So that only took another working day (passport arrived Saturday - 2 days ago) for my documentation to get here. I'm not complaining, I just think there would have been a more efficient/cheaper way of doing this. But oh well. I'm just happy I got both passport and nat certificate without any hassles.

Thanks to those who reassured me. :)

It's strange that they are doing that now (ie. sending the passport and naturalization cert separately) since I got both the passport and naturalization cert together in the same mailing envelope.

I think they are trying to improve processing by sending the passport data electronically to a passport production facility, so the naturalization certificate doesn't have to physically be at the same place the passport is produced. Otherwise they should probably send the info to the passport production plant, wait for the passport to come back to them and then send everything together. With things the way they are now I think they are trying to send the passport as quickly as possible. This is just pure speculation by the way.

Huracan, I thought exactly the same. So I checked the originating mailing address. The PP as well as the Nat Cert were both mailed from New Orleans the very same day. One via Expedited Mail the other First Class Mail. So I believe they forward the documents from Philadelphia to New Orleans from where the PP was issued and the Nat Cert mailed back.
This is just FYI.
Danny