Passport application under child citizenship act of 2000

csc092000

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I and my wife completed Oath in San Jose. Here is our timeline
PD: July 01, 05
Interview Nov. 28
Oath : Jan 18, 06

I am in the process of applying citizenship for us as well as for the child who was not born in US. She is permanant resident.

Looking at the state department website it seems we can directly apply passport for her.

I have a question about anyone else who has done it. Do we need to submit our Natuarilzation certificate along with her application. I am not sure how it will work as we need to submit our Natuaralization certificate for our US passport also.

Do we need to wait for our passport to come before applying for her?

Thanks

csc092000 said:
Hi,

I and my wife completed Oath in San Jose. Here is our timeline
PD: July 01, 05
Interview Nov. 28
Oath : Jan 18, 06

I am in the process of applying citizenship for us as well as for the child who was not born in US. She is permanant resident.

Looking at the state department website it seems we can directly apply passport for her.

I have a question about anyone else who has done it. Do we need to submit our Natuarilzation certificate along with her application. I am not sure how it will work as we need to submit our Natuaralization certificate for our US passport also.

Do we need to wait for our passport to come before applying for her?

Thanks

You can submit her application along with yours. However they sometime ask for the following;
-Your Marriage Certificate
-Your Child's birth certificate
-Child's Green Card
-Child's Passport (from your native country)

The other thing you can do it, wait for your passport and then apply for your child's passport.This way you can submit copies or original passport.

Congratulations!!!

hm11 said:
You can submit her application along with yours. However they sometime ask for the following;
-Your Marriage Certificate
-Your Child's birth certificate
-Child's Green Card
-Child's Passport (from your native country)

The other thing you can do it, wait for your passport and then apply for your child's passport.This way you can submit copies or original passport.

Congratulations!!!

When contacted to Customer Service, they told us that you CAN NOT submit application for whole family. They advised us to apply for everyone individually. It takes about 6 to 8 weeks for normal processing. If you do not have travel plans then go for normal processing, otherwise go for faster processing (additional $60 + overnight delivery charges) which takes 1 to 2 weeks. Please not that you have to provide following documentation for your child.

1. Child's original birth certificate from India. It should be in English and should have both father's and mother's name on it.
2. Your original marriage certificate.
3. Child's original green card.
4. Your or your wife's naturalization certificate.
5. 2 photos and fees.

From above, you can see that you have to wait for second child as you need to submit original marriage certificate (unless you can original marriage certificate in duplicate.) We got our citizenship from San Jose in November 2005. It took 8 weeks for my wife's passport and 6 weeks for my daughter's passport.

Even though we took original gren card and our marriage certificate to post office in Milpitas, the lady said that you dont need it when we applied for my daughter. Then we got a letter from passport processing agency to submit these for completing processing.

Hope this helps you.

Dilip Jaju

Thanks for the information.

So do we need to submit our original Natuaralization certificate for our child passport or the photo copy of that. As I am assuming we will have to submit the certificate for our passport.

For the marriage certificate we have only one child so we should be OK.

Thanks for your help.

My understanding is that parents must apply for the passport in person on behalf of the child under 14 years old.