Passport Application sent back -name not on son's birth certificate. Affidavit required...

mj123,

We applied for passports at the same time. We submitted org. NCs for self and spouse and for our son - GC and the BC. We did not submit marriage cert. Our passports came within 2 weeks of application but for our son, DOS needed a BC which indicates the parents name so I had to get a BC from Indian Embassy and send it to them. Hope this helps.

tiranga008 & d4pk: Today our son's passport card also arrived. This ends our immigration journey.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi Delliwala, Could you Pl let me know what the process for getting BC or Affidavit from indian embassy. I just checked the SFO embassy site and it says only US born child will get the BC. so I am confused!!!!

Thanks Delliwala,

Me, my wife and son , we all applied for the passport on the same day (sep 19) .For me and my wife online status says that " passport has been mailed" but for my son it still says "under process". I will call them on tuesday to find out. We submitted, NC, BC GC and MC. All the names are properly written in the birth certificate. I was thinking that may be they didn;t like the marriage certifictae but since it is not required I am curious....Will let you know on tuesday.

Don't worry, the DoS guys are pretty good. You will get your Son's ppt in a couple of days too.

As for sending out MC - we sent it for our ppts.. not for our sons.

Cheers

Received all 4 passports today. No issue with Birth Certificate.. Online status did not change since "Application Received". Mailman left all 4 packets on the door.

Hello,

My son is in the same boat. I applied for his US passport. His BC was actually issued by the State goverment in India and it had a blurb that it was true translational from the native language. Dept of State is asking for a BC (not a translated one) with the full father's name and mother's name, though what I submitted has it.

As my mother-in-law is in US now, can I get an affidavit from her (notarized) and submit it? Please share any specific format that worked.

Also, how do I get a BC from Indian embassy, as my son is US citizen now (though he still has the Indian passport, not yet canceled)? Please share your experience.

I am going to call Dept of state on Monday and see the best option to get over this.

TIA.