• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

passed interview with blue sky background photo. Miracle does exist in this world!!!

vanchandavy

First I would like to thank all of experts and everyone . I received my visa and passport already on 12 August 2016 .

I am the winner of DV 2016 with case 2016AS108** . All this painful year , I have been so excited and disappointed. First , Disappointed with my high case number which I had never expected I would have chance for interview.
Second , super disappointed due to my carelessness of using blue sky background photo during my EDV registration which was enough reason to refusal of the visa . I had got painful heart all these 15 months for the 2 things i had mentioned above but i had forgiven myself again and again and pushed myself to go forward. OK let’s start my journey to the interview .

I and my wife arrive the embassy at 7:00 AM , we are waiting for the embassy gate to open . there are 25 DV lottery winner who attended the interview that day and I have over-prepared my documents .

The security officer opens the gate at 7:30 AM and ask what’s my name and wife’s name for the interview then, we hand our ID card for the first security check , then go to second security check and ask for passport and then return our passport . We sit and wait for the embassy to start working . the ticket counter will operate at 8:00 AM . I receive ticket number 2 cos the first girl in front of me receives number 1 then all the other DV winners receive number up to 23 . After waiting about 15 minutes, my number is called to ticket counter number 10 , the lady is local embassy staff, she asks who my wife is and who I am and ask about current address, ask what is the email in the DS-260 form then she asked my wife to hand her the birth certificate , the high school diploma, the criminal record , marriage certificate and 2 passport size photo then asks me to hand her only my birth certificate , my criminal record and photo. I ask her why my wife and my bachelor and master degree are not collected . she said no need, you can show all the documents to CO if they ask for . we come back to our seat and wait for our number to pay 330$ /person then we come back and sit again. after the long waiting almost 2 hours. the first interview starts with the girl of ticket number 1 to CO counter number 3. During the interview , I can hear the CO’s voice because i and my wife are sitting next to counter . I could tell everyone in the forum that ALL the 25 DV interviews , 23 are applied via agency in Cambodia.Only I and my wife applied by myself.
the first girl stands in front of CO and then CO asks below question .
CO: When do you take your photo in the time of DV registration?
Lady: in 2008 . " I shout in my heart, oh my god, how do you answer like that lolzzz, u know nothing about the DV instruction "
CO: when do you apply this lottery ?
Lady: I don remember, i used to give the form to someone in 2008.
CO: how do you apply this program ?
Lady : by AAAA Company .
CO: How much money do they charge if you receive VISA ?
Lady : 8000$

Then CO stops asking and telling the girl that “ We can’t issue you the visa because you don read the instruction correctly , first your photo must be not older than 6 month and this lottery program suggest you to register by yourself because you can manage your data and embassy doesn’t charge you money if you receive VISA .See you next time and try to read instruction carefully before you register the program “.

After the first lady refusal , I and my wife desperately prepared to face with CO with my blue background photo mistake because I have got ticket number 2 . unthinkably my ticket number 2 is skipped . they call the ticket number 3 instead . the girl with ticket number 3 is refused same as the number 1 .Like I have mentioned above, most of the DV interview , they applied the DV with agency . remarkably my number skipped again and again and all the DV interviews are refusal , only 4 interviews are handed a pink paper which means they were in AP.

Now it’s time for my journey . it’s 12:05 PM and the embassy still works . in the big hall , there are only 2 person in the waiting hall. it’s me and my wife. oh my god ! it’s very quiet and I just wonder why they keep me and my wife in the back of the line cos my wife is also pregnant. My wife and I thought that we knew we would get refused because we did the mistakes with the photo and most DV interview today got refusal with photo.

Our ticket number is called for finger print , i met the friendly lady, she tried to speak in my local language and she told us that our documents are good. I don have idea cos I got problem with my photo. then we go back and sit again and waiting for the final call to the CO.

12:20PM The real journey begins .
CO: please raise your hand swear,
Me & Wife : raise hand and I speak loudly in front of her that “I swear that everything I will speak is really the truth “
Since my wife is main application, she answered most of the questions .
CO: What is your job ?
Wife: I am working at ministry of public work and transport as accountant.
CO: hmmmmm ok guy, go back and sit for minutes. i will call you back .
me & wife: Oh my god. what’s happening ? why god really make us hard and hard for today. I sit and wait the CO almost 10 minutes in the time that my wife touched my hand and kissed my hand and hugged me lolzzzzz.. we always prayed to God and Our ancestor that please let us pass this difficult time. then CO come back after 10 minutes and call us to the counter again.
CO: What’s your job again ?
Wife: my wife speaks very slowly ," I am working at ministry of public work and transport as accountant “.
CO:What is your salary ?
Wife: it’s 210 in US dollar currency .
CO:How do you get the job ?
Wife: I passed the exam.
CO:Do you have another income ?
Wife:From my salary and my husband .
Me: and We also have the house for renting.
CO: how much do you get from renting ?
Me:170$
CO: do you own the property jointly with your wife ?
Me: Yes . Would you like to see our house plan which contains my name and my wife name to make sure it’s real ?
CO: No need
CO:do you have child ?
Wife: NO
Me: my wife is pregnant
CO: have you ever married before ?
Wife:No
CO: Where do you work ?
ME: I work for CITY COLOR PHOTO ENTERPRISE , relation to FUJI FILM .
CO:When did you marry ?
Wife: it’s June 2014
CO: how do you both meet each other ?
WIfe: We meet each other by chance at CAMED business school
CO: Where is your wedding photo ?
Wife: in the file near your document .
ME: While she checks my wedding photo , I tell her that the screenshot is my uncle and aunt . they are my sponsor.
CO: Who are your sponsor and where they live ?
Me: They are my uncle and aunt and they live in FLORIDA
CO:What’s job ?
Me: my uncle works for ….. and my aunt has beauty salon shop.
CO: what will you work when you go to United States ?
Me: My wife will help my aunt with her salon shop and my uncle will help me to find job because I am in Computer Science .

Then CO hands back my original document along together . She didn’t check my I-134 affidavit of support . I believe they already check it when I submitted to the first counter lady .My uncle income is less than 15000$ cos he got injury in his eyes and he stops working almost 4 months. My aunt salon shop has income of 33000$ and the total dependents are 5 including us.
After handing back my document, she didn’t say anything to me, she just did typing in her computer and without saying anything. then she took my passport and my wife passport to put into medical document .
after that, she took out blue paper and wrote down the day to pick up the passport and VISA. I and my wife are very excited in our heart when she took the blue paper to write down but we keep silent and our eyes are on the blue paper. after she finished writing down on the paper, she handed us the blue paper and said “ Please come back and take your passport and VISA on the date she wrote “. she was young and beautiful lady at less than 20 of ages . She didn’t say congratulation to us but we celebrate in front of her and she smiled and before we left , we say very big thank to her and good bye to her .

The most remember and happiest thing in my life is in that moment.we are only 2 person in the hall and We have thought that We would be refused because of my photo background but She didnt ask anything about my photo and didn’t ask when I applied while all other failed DV interview were asked the question and got refused.
In this point I can understand that , they may check my form and understand that i apply this DV program by myself and we are honest to them . That’s why she may forgive my mistake in the background photo and I can understand that from now on the Cambodia US Embassy will not let anybody to pass the interview if they are registering from agency cos agency in Cambodia charges crazy money like 8000$ if they receive VISA.
They surely check the photo record of old DV.

I would like to say sorry to all people in forum for reading my long story but I know this will be useful for people who have same problem like me with the blue sky background .
Thank you all again !!
God bless you all !!

Congratulations !

That was also a very useful post, it's quite rare that we see feedback from Cambodia. It is sad that so many people are denied due to using an agency to enter.

And definitely some relief on the photo! Someone else posted recently that they had overheard both granting and denial of visas based on photo - I guess your blue was light enough that the CO decided to treat it as neutral - but this is definitely not a chance other people should take!

All best wishes for your new life in the US.

Thank you @SusieQQQ . I wouldn't be successful if I didnt know everyone here . You are all awesome person . Actually my photo is really blue background but I know CO forgives me cos I apply the program by myself while almost 90 % of Cambodian apply the program with agency that always keeps old photo for register.

Thank you @SusieQQQ . I wouldn't be successful if I didnt know everyone here . You are all awesome person . Actually my photo is really blue background but I know CO forgives me cos I apply the program by myself while almost 90 % of Cambodian apply the program with agency that always keeps old photo for register.
I believe its your background that made him think you didnt use an agency. I mean computer science person surely wouldnt be using an agency

I believe its your background that made him think you didnt use an agency. I mean computer science person surely wouldnt be using an agency
I could say that it's my day I didn't know how to describe about it but up until now . I and my wife still think it's a dream for us . CO refused most of the case with the old photo while they forgive me with wrong background .amazingly I prepare to answer my question about photo but CO never asks me about the photo .

Please i will like to know if the the principal applicant omitted one of her middle name on the first entry while applying and was latter corrected when filling the DS260 meaning the confirmation page now has all the 4 names is there any problem with that?

Please i will like to know if the the principal applicant omitted one of her middle name on the first entry while applying and was latter corrected when filling the DS260 meaning the confirmation page now has all the 4 names is there any problem with that?
That will be fine . The CO loves the honest person during the interview . You need to prepare your question about your name if CO asks you . be honest and explain to CO bravely . Everything will be fine . Trust me. I did have experiment during my intetview cos I was the last one of the interview and I could hear everything from 23 DV applicants who met CO . Relax man !!!

That will be fine . The CO loves the honest person during the interview . You need to prepare your question about your name if CO asks you . be honest and explain to CO bravely . Everything will be fine . Trust me. I did have experiment during my intetview cos I was the last one of the interview and I could hear everything from 23 DV applicants who met CO . Relax man !!!
Thanks a lot man am cool now

First I would like to thank all of experts and everyone . I received my visa and passport already on 12 August 2016 .

I am the winner of DV 2016 with case 2016AS108** . All this painful year , I have been so excited and disappointed. First , Disappointed with my high case number which I had never expected I would have chance for interview.
Second , super disappointed due to my carelessness of using blue sky background photo during my EDV registration which was enough reason to refusal of the visa . I had got painful heart all these 15 months for the 2 things i had mentioned above but i had forgiven myself again and again and pushed myself to go forward. OK let’s start my journey to the interview .

I and my wife arrive the embassy at 7:00 AM , we are waiting for the embassy gate to open . there are 25 DV lottery winner who attended the interview that day and I have over-prepared my documents .

The security officer opens the gate at 7:30 AM and ask what’s my name and wife’s name for the interview then, we hand our ID card for the first security check , then go to second security check and ask for passport and then return our passport . We sit and wait for the embassy to start working . the ticket counter will operate at 8:00 AM . I receive ticket number 2 cos the first girl in front of me receives number 1 then all the other DV winners receive number up to 23 . After waiting about 15 minutes, my number is called to ticket counter number 10 , the lady is local embassy staff, she asks who my wife is and who I am and ask about current address, ask what is the email in the DS-260 form then she asked my wife to hand her the birth certificate , the high school diploma, the criminal record , marriage certificate and 2 passport size photo then asks me to hand her only my birth certificate , my criminal record and photo. I ask her why my wife and my bachelor and master degree are not collected . she said no need, you can show all the documents to CO if they ask for . we come back to our seat and wait for our number to pay 330$ /person then we come back and sit again. after the long waiting almost 2 hours. the first interview starts with the girl of ticket number 1 to CO counter number 3. During the interview , I can hear the CO’s voice because i and my wife are sitting next to counter . I could tell everyone in the forum that ALL the 25 DV interviews , 23 are applied via agency in Cambodia.Only I and my wife applied by myself.
the first girl stands in front of CO and then CO asks below question .
CO: When do you take your photo in the time of DV registration?
Lady: in 2008 . " I shout in my heart, oh my god, how do you answer like that lolzzz, u know nothing about the DV instruction "
CO: when do you apply this lottery ?
Lady: I don remember, i used to give the form to someone in 2008.
CO: how do you apply this program ?
Lady : by AAAA Company .
CO: How much money do they charge if you receive VISA ?
Lady : 8000$

Then CO stops asking and telling the girl that “ We can’t issue you the visa because you don read the instruction correctly , first your photo must be not older than 6 month and this lottery program suggest you to register by yourself because you can manage your data and embassy doesn’t charge you money if you receive VISA .See you next time and try to read instruction carefully before you register the program “.

After the first lady refusal , I and my wife desperately prepared to face with CO with my blue background photo mistake because I have got ticket number 2 . unthinkably my ticket number 2 is skipped . they call the ticket number 3 instead . the girl with ticket number 3 is refused same as the number 1 .Like I have mentioned above, most of the DV interview , they applied the DV with agency . remarkably my number skipped again and again and all the DV interviews are refusal , only 4 interviews are handed a pink paper which means they were in AP.

Now it’s time for my journey . it’s 12:05 PM and the embassy still works . in the big hall , there are only 2 person in the waiting hall. it’s me and my wife. oh my god ! it’s very quiet and I just wonder why they keep me and my wife in the back of the line cos my wife is also pregnant. My wife and I thought that we knew we would get refused because we did the mistakes with the photo and most DV interview today got refusal with photo.

Our ticket number is called for finger print , i met the friendly lady, she tried to speak in my local language and she told us that our documents are good. I don have idea cos I got problem with my photo. then we go back and sit again and waiting for the final call to the CO.

12:20PM The real journey begins .
CO: please raise your hand swear,
Me & Wife : raise hand and I speak loudly in front of her that “I swear that everything I will speak is really the truth “
Since my wife is main application, she answered most of the questions .
CO: What is your job ?
Wife: I am working at ministry of public work and transport as accountant.
CO: hmmmmm ok guy, go back and sit for minutes. i will call you back .
me & wife: Oh my god. what’s happening ? why god really make us hard and hard for today. I sit and wait the CO almost 10 minutes in the time that my wife touched my hand and kissed my hand and hugged me lolzzzzz.. we always prayed to God and Our ancestor that please let us pass this difficult time. then CO come back after 10 minutes and call us to the counter again.
CO: What’s your job again ?
Wife: my wife speaks very slowly ," I am working at ministry of public work and transport as accountant “.
CO:What is your salary ?
Wife: it’s 210 in US dollar currency .
CO:How do you get the job ?
Wife: I passed the exam.
CO:Do you have another income ?
Wife:From my salary and my husband .
Me: and We also have the house for renting.
CO: how much do you get from renting ?
Me:170$
CO: do you own the property jointly with your wife ?
Me: Yes . Would you like to see our house plan which contains my name and my wife name to make sure it’s real ?
CO: No need
CO:do you have child ?
Wife: NO
Me: my wife is pregnant
CO: have you ever married before ?
Wife:No
CO: Where do you work ?
ME: I work for CITY COLOR PHOTO ENTERPRISE , relation to FUJI FILM .
CO:When did you marry ?
Wife: it’s June 2014
CO: how do you both meet each other ?
WIfe: We meet each other by chance at CAMED business school
CO: Where is your wedding photo ?
Wife: in the file near your document .
ME: While she checks my wedding photo , I tell her that the screenshot is my uncle and aunt . they are my sponsor.
CO: Who are your sponsor and where they live ?
Me: They are my uncle and aunt and they live in FLORIDA
CO:What’s job ?
Me: my uncle works for ….. and my aunt has beauty salon shop.
CO: what will you work when you go to United States ?
Me: My wife will help my aunt with her salon shop and my uncle will help me to find job because I am in Computer Science .

Then CO hands back my original document along together . She didn’t check my I-134 affidavit of support . I believe they already check it when I submitted to the first counter lady .My uncle income is less than 15000$ cos he got injury in his eyes and he stops working almost 4 months. My aunt salon shop has income of 33000$ and the total dependents are 5 including us.
After handing back my document, she didn’t say anything to me, she just did typing in her computer and without saying anything. then she took my passport and my wife passport to put into medical document .
after that, she took out blue paper and wrote down the day to pick up the passport and VISA. I and my wife are very excited in our heart when she took the blue paper to write down but we keep silent and our eyes are on the blue paper. after she finished writing down on the paper, she handed us the blue paper and said “ Please come back and take your passport and VISA on the date she wrote “. she was young and beautiful lady at less than 20 of ages . She didn’t say congratulation to us but we celebrate in front of her and she smiled and before we left , we say very big thank to her and good bye to her .

The most remember and happiest thing in my life is in that moment.we are only 2 person in the hall and We have thought that We would be refused because of my photo background but She didnt ask anything about my photo and didn’t ask when I applied while all other failed DV interview were asked the question and got refused.
In this point I can understand that , they may check my form and understand that i apply this DV program by myself and we are honest to them . That’s why she may forgive my mistake in the background photo and I can understand that from now on the Cambodia US Embassy will not let anybody to pass the interview if they are registering from agency cos agency in Cambodia charges crazy money like 8000$ if they receive VISA.
They surely check the photo record of old DV.

I would like to say sorry to all people in forum for reading my long story but I know this will be useful for people who have same problem like me with the blue sky background .
Thank you all again !!
God bless you all !!

Congrats and enjoy your new life in the U.S.A :)

How much should that cost? at least for a pregnant lady
I'm just exploring similar situations so I can be well prepared in case I have to deliver the baby in US
And can I get insurance before getting a stable job?

How much should that cost? at least for a pregnant lady
I'm just exploring similar situations so I can be well prepared in case I have to deliver the baby in US
And can I get insurance before getting a stable job?

To the last, yes, but be prepared to pay through the nose without an employer subsidy to help.

I seem to recall mom and/or Simon have already given you very useful suggestions which you seem to have ignored. The short answer is: if you really want to spend thousands of dollars to have the baby born far away from family help, yes you can.
Do you realize there is almost no benefit to be had by having the baby born in the US while the rest of you are on green cards? The only benefit is if you leave before you are citizens, the baby can go back one day. The baby as a citizen may be entitled to some public assistance, but the value of that will be dwarfed by what you will have paid in medical costs.

To the last, yes, but be prepared to pay through the nose without an employer subsidy to help.

I seem to recall mom and/or Simon have already given you very useful suggestions which you seem to have ignored. The short answer is: if you really want to spend thousands of dollars to have the baby born far away from family help, yes you can.
Do you realize there is almost no benefit to be had by having the baby born in the US while the rest of you are on green cards? The only benefit is if you leave before you are citizens, the baby can go back one day. The baby as a citizen may be entitled to some public assistance, but the value of that will be dwarfed by what you will have paid in medical costs.

I never ignored their advice or underestimate it.
Asking about these details is for some personal problems I'm facing here and won't write about it on the forum.
I like to go through all possible scenarios to be ready just in case I face such a situation.
I see no harm in asking people with past experiences about theirs.

I see no harm in asking people with past experiences about theirs.

Their experiences may be totally inapplicable to yours, depending what state they were in and what state you plan to go to, what type of insurance plan, etc c.

In any case, clearly you'll need to ensure you have a lot of money saved up. Good luck.

Their experiences may be totally inapplicable to yours, depending what state they were in and what state you plan to go to, what type of insurance plan, etc c.

In any case, clearly you'll need to ensure you have a lot of money saved up. Good luck.
Thanks for your help