Passed interview in Chicago. Still worried!

janabhiman

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to Chicago USCIS office. Interview went well. The officer said I passed the tests and he is recommending final approval on my application. He told me to expect oath letter within 2 months. He made me sign two photos in front of him.

While driving back I realized that I had changed my signature style about six months ago and started worrying about possibility of a difference in signatures (one I did in officer's presence and one I did an year ago on my n-400 application).
Does it matter? I mean, I had all evidences to prove my identity which I showed to him and answered no when he asked if I would like to change my name. Can this signature now (at the time of interview) be a new style without causing an issue?

Please note I read posts about signatures at the time of interview and oath. My question is about signatures in the original n-400 application and the one I did in front of the officer at the time of interview.
I request someone to throw some light on this to lighten my heart. Thanks.

Time line
n-400 application sent: 07/29/07
Check cashed on: 09/22/07
application received notice: 09/25/07
Finger print done on: 12/04/07
Moved from VA to IL
IL notice received on: 06/24/08
IL completed on: 07/14/08
Oath???

Nothing to warry about. The signiture on photos is for a) National Record Achieving purpose with your files; and b) the matching signiture on your certificate. As long as you using the same signiture on your certificate, there is no issue.

Just relax and enjoy your little wating time, and soon you can put all of those behind and move on with your life once for all finally!

Today I went to Chicago USCIS office. Interview went well. The officer said I passed the tests and he is recommending final approval on my application. He told me to expect oath letter within 2 months. He made me sign two photos in front of him.

While driving back I realized that I had changed my signature style about six months ago and started worrying about possibility of a difference in signatures (one I did in officer's presence and one I did an year ago on my n-400 application).
Does it matter? I mean, I had all evidences to prove my identity which I showed to him and answered no when he asked if I would like to change my name. Can this signature now (at the time of interview) be a new style without causing an issue?

Please note I read posts about signatures at the time of interview and oath. My question is about signatures in the original n-400 application and the one I did in front of the officer at the time of interview.
I request someone to throw some light on this to lighten my heart. Thanks.

Time line
n-400 application sent: 07/29/07
Check cashed on: 09/22/07
application received notice: 09/25/07
Finger print done on: 12/04/07
Moved from VA to IL
IL notice received on: 06/24/08
IL completed on: 07/14/08
Oath???

No big deal. It is nothing. Don't worry. It is only for certification purposes. When you receive the certificate of naturalization, you will sign the certificate with signature that is matched to signature on the photo because post office agent or passport agency will verify signatures between certificate and photos when you apply for US passport. You can sign normally (with normal signature) on your US passport or passport form (signature can be similar to what you signed in the bank, credit card, driver license, etc.)

Congratulations!! Enjoy your smooth life! :) You should invite us to your party to celebrate your citizenship on oath day! :)

No big deal. It is nothing. Don't worry. It is only for certification purposes. When you receive the certificate of naturalization, you will sign the certificate with signature that is matched to signature on the photo because post office agent or passport agency will verify signatures between certificate and photos when you apply for US passport. You can sign normally (with normal signature) on your US passport or passport form (signature can be similar to what you signed in the bank, credit card, driver license, etc.)

Congratulations!! Enjoy your smooth life! :) You should invite us to your party to celebrate your citizenship on oath day! :)
OK, I have asked this question in a couple of different forums, so see if you guys can help me out. I was not asked to sign my photos at my naturalization interview. I signed a bunch of other documents, but not my photos. Any idea what this is about? Are procedures different at different places? Will this cause problems for me, either in terms of getting the oath letter or when I apply for a passport? Any help would be appreciated.

OK, I have asked this question in a couple of different forums, so see if you guys can help me out. I was not asked to sign my photos at my naturalization interview. I signed a bunch of other documents, but not my photos. Any idea what this is about? Are procedures different at different places? Will this cause problems for me, either in terms of getting the oath letter or when I apply for a passport? Any help would be appreciated.

I do not think procedures are different.
the photo should go on to your naturalization certificate that has the full signature on it.
I am sure they will ask you to sign the photo when you go for Oath.

I do not think procedures are different.
the photo should go on to your naturalization certificate that has the full signature on it.
I am sure they will ask you to sign the photo when you go for Oath.
Thanks, Altraj. I have never seen a naturalization certificate, so will it be possible to sign the photo after it has been placed on the certificate, or is there lamination or something else preventing me from signing it?

I did sign my application, as well as other documents, during the interview.

Thanks

Thanks for promptly responding. You guys are great!
Yes, if I think of a having a party I will remember to invite you, USGC485! Thanks.