Parole and EAD help!!

shanks

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I need help...

EB2; INDIA
PD: 08/96
ND: 03/00
FP: 04/15/01 (scheduled Newark)

My 6-year H1 had expired on Jan 31, 2001. I am under EAD and so is my wife.
I was going to send my EAD (2nd) for myself and my wife tomorrow; (As the EAD was getting expired on Jun 30, 2001)

However, I just noticed that the Advance Parole is geting expired on April 5, 2001.

Questions;
1) Can I apply for Advance Parole from Newark office?
2) If so, do we get on the same day? Anybody with similar experience.

3) If we have to apply from VSC--do you know how long will it take to get?
    Can one leave the country before receiving Parole and ask our friend to mail it to us?

Thanks
Shanks

No Title

Thought this info will help you. I applied for AP recently (VSC ND Mar 12th). It was approved on 26th Mar. I also received my copy of AP. It was approved for 1 year from the date of approval ( not from the date the current one expires). Hope this helps!

No Title

Don\'t know about Newark, but, this works at the Boston office.

I have applied for both EAD and AP at the Boston office (walk-in, no appointment necessary) - the entire process took 1 hour (I was there bright and early at 7:15AM). Done this three times, so, I know this works!

No Title

if not travelling for a month, you are better off applying at VSC since they give you the Parole for an year. Not worth the trouble you go thru\' at Newark. You\'ll be spending a day, should be there as early as 5.30am and get the Parole for 6 months only. VSC is your best bet.
Good Luck

No Title

Thanks Guys for the info. Your comments/suggestions was really helpful.

LPR, I will try to apply from VSC itself.
Shanks

No Title

Hi guys, just saw your discussion about AP application. I am going apply for AP because I plan to go back my home country to spend my two-week vacation. So there is not an emergency nor a business trip, do you think if it is OK for me to get AP.
Thanks in advance for your inputs!
ars99