Parents Visiting Visa

caliSun

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I need some help from you knowledgable people.

I got my GC a couple of years ago and now I tried to invite my parents to come to US to visit me. I wrote a letter to the visa office to explain my situation and told them I used to be asylee and was not able to go back to my home country, and I wish my parents can visit me instead... But the visa officer reject my parents visa application. I wonder if there's anything I did wrong for that. I want my parents try to apply agin, but I'm afaid they got rejected again. Any suggestions of what should do for this?

Thanks,

caliSun

caliSun said:
Hi All,

I got my GC a couple of years ago and now I tried to invite my parents to come to US to visit me. I wrote a letter to the visa office to explain my situation and told them I used to be asylee and was not able to go back to my home country, and I wish my parents can visit me instead... But the visa officer reject my parents visa application. I wonder if there's anything I did wrong for that. I want my parents try to apply agin, but I'm afaid they got rejected again. Any suggestions of what should do for this?

Thanks,

caliSun
Is this the first time for your parents to apply the B1/B2? in Beijing?

Never heard of a successful story

caliSun said:
Hi All,

Thanks,

caliSun

One of my friends's parents were told "You can not go to US, your children can not come back either". the other one was rejected twice.
As always, provide strong ties in home country, ask senator for a letter, It might help.
If your GC was approved couple years ago, you might think about apply immgrant visa for your parents once you become citizen.

caliSun said:
Hi All,

Thanks,

caliSun

Do not expect that the embassy would sympathize with your situation and your parents and grant them a visa. All they want to make sure is that your parents won't come to US and become a public burden. It is upto you to prove that your parents don't have any intention to remain in US. You must send to the embassy info such as your occupation, your annual income, traveler's medical insurance, including information on your parents capital (house, cars, business, etc) and under age childeren (if any) and other info which would convince the embassy that your parents have no intention to remain in US. Having said that you must know that issuing a visa depends on other facts beyond your control (country, mood of the officer, lucky day, and the like). My understanding is that unless you become citizen, your immigration status (refugee, asylee, GC holder, or temporary employee) has little significance on the determination of the issuing a visa.

Good luck