Parents Visa rejected( Mumbai)

shubz

Registered Users (C)
My parents are over 60+ they had applied thru the drop box, they were then required to personally go to the consulate. But the Visa officer did not even look at the papers and rejected!!

But my parents did mention on the form that they are visiting as I am having a baby.

They were also asked about property and pension etc. But did not show papers reflecting that.

Now they are planning on reapplying and I have sent more paper work and also asked them to show Proof of property and family ties.

Does any oneone have any other suggestions!!! I hope they get the visa this time...Or else I will be devastated

Thanx

sorry to hear that. Many have mentioned not to mention of childbirth and so I dont know why they mentioned it?

Also when they used dropbox first time why where they called for interview? Did they or you mention childbirth anywhere in any letter in first place? or did they mention it during interview process ?

I did not know about "Not mentioning Pregnancy".

I have mentioned it in the invitation letter and my parents mentioned it on the application form for reason of visit.

Well yes..... they did use the drop box and then they got back all the papers and were required to personally appear at the consulate.

At the interview they did mention about my pregnancy...but the officer was on a rejecting spree....he had rejected alomst everyone( about 10 people) before my parents turn and he did not not even look at their documents etc.
:confused: :mad:

They plan to go next week again ...so any suggestions??

From personal Experience

I can tell you that the second time around it will be different. Usually it wont be the same officer and having additional paperwork will help the process.

About the pregnancy I have heard that they do not look favorably at parents coming to help as the child care employment industry here loses out.

Pray that things go well. All the best.

Well there are other threads which talk about the same thing and one of the person who had sent an invitation letter mentioning pregnancy decided at the last minute that he will ask his parents or in-laws to not to show that document and in the form which is filled by the applicant mention tourism or meet my son.

But if it is the same officer then they may be asked about the reason which your parents stated last time. They should say yes and tell them that it is a dual purpose meet my son and grandson/granddaughter.

Getting additional papers is definitely a plus and make sure it clearly project the intention of coming back

Thanx you all for responding with suggestions.

My only hope is that the second attempt goes well.

hey guys..so do u think my sister

should apply again?
She has travelled all over the world,and they rejected on a flimsy excuse,and it was the same with her too :
She said everyone's visa before hers was rejected too.
I'd really like for her to visit me..and now with this new "US VISIT" crap in place,it shd not give them a reason to reject the visas
any ideas
thanks