Parents greencard interview in NJ

raj_nj

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Thanks to the help from immigration.com community, I applied for my parents greecard on Nov 2010. (We applied after 4 months of their arrival in us on visitor visa)

My parents received a interview notice for March 16th.

I am mainly confused about one point, can I accompany my parents during interview (in NJ if anybody have any idea)? Because legally, it has to be non relative but just want to know your experience.

Also, it will be much appreciated if anybody can share their interview experience...

Thank you in advance

-Raj

Hi Friends,

Thanks to the help from immigration.com community, I applied for my parents greecard on Nov 2010. (We applied after 4 months of their arrival in us on visitor visa)

My parents received a interview notice for March 16th.

I am mainly confused about one point, can I accompany my parents during interview (in NJ if anybody have any idea)? Because legally, it has to be non relative but just want to know your experience.

Also, it will be much appreciated if anybody can share their interview experience...

Thank you in advance

-Raj

As per what i read in this fourm, It would be problem only if it for marriage based cases. But it is family based case in your situation. i think it should not be an issue. Just to be on safe side take your wife along with you to to interview, if they say you ca not go in with them, then just send in your wife. Please let me know onece your interview is done, I live in MA. I will be applying for my MOM , after my dads CP in india gets done.

Thank you bigbull

Anybody else have experience with NJ center for parents greencard interview .....?

Thank you in advance ....

-Raj

You are the petitioner, so it is perfectly fine for you to be at the interview with them. But what you are allowed to do and say at the interview has restrictions.

So jack in another word...... i will be there but I should also bring my friend with him...... to be on safe side....(as interpreter)

what happens if you don't bring anybody with you as interpreter? do they make you wait for reschedule your interview?

Any reply / suggestion will be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator: