Parents CP in Mumbai

One more question, Do I also need to send 2 photos as part of DS-230 part I package to NVC? I didn't see that in NVC instructions but see it as part of the packet 4 on mumbai's website. I am thinking these additional stuff a) last page of the passport, photos along with DS-230 Part I & DS 230 Part II would be sent as part of the document set to VFS before 10-15 days of the interview.

Can somebody confirm if my understanding is correct or not.

Thanks for the help.

We did not include last page of passport alongwith DS230 part 1 to NVC. We only included the first page of passport. I also noticed on Mumbai consulate instruction later on. It did not have any problem at NVC.

Photographs are needed, per instructions, while submitting documents to VFS before interview.

We did not include last page of passport alongwith DS230 part 1 to NVC. We only included the first page of passport. I also noticed on Mumbai consulate instruction later on. It did not have any problem at NVC.

Photographs are needed, per instructions, while submitting documents to VFS before interview.

Thanks visaapplicant. That helps so i wouldn't worry about last page or photos at this point of time for NVC processing.

Visaapplicant,

Will we have to fillup the DS-230 Part I again for VFS submission & then attach photos? I would think Part II needs to be filled at that time for VFS submission.

Visaapplicant,

Will we have to fillup the DS-230 Part I again for VFS submission & then attach photos? I would think Part II needs to be filled at that time for VFS submission.

Photos and part 2 will have to be submitted at VFS. I believe you have to resubmit part 1 again as well. You will receive the instructions. In any case, do not sign part 2 unless being asked to. I believe you have to sign it in front of consular officer.

My parents entered USA in April. It was very straightforward at the POE. They received welcome letter in 3 weeks and green card in May, about 5 weeks after arrival.

They did not receive SSN. Hence after 3 months they went to Social Security Office and applied for one. They received SSN after a week.

hi visaapplicant,

did you get any email notifications after 130 was approved and case entered in NVC? Thanks!

I guess all of you are citizens applying for relatives.

A friend of mine who is a PR applied for his then under 21 daughter I130 which was approved in November 2005, after that they have not heard anything. Is this normal ? ( They are going the CP way)

She is currently in the US doing her Masters on a F1, will this create problems ?

hi visaapplicant,

did you get any email notifications after 130 was approved and case entered in NVC? Thanks!

I had registered I130 receipt no alongwith my email using USCIS notification service. Hence I received emails when I130s were approved.

There is no email notification service with NVC. A couple of weeks after I130 approval and before you receive letter from NVC, you can call NVC # and enter I130 receipt #, if the case is already entered in NVC system, it will tell you.

I guess all of you are citizens applying for relatives.

A friend of mine who is a PR applied for his then under 21 daughter I130 which was approved in November 2005, after that they have not heard anything. Is this normal ? ( They are going the CP way)

She is currently in the US doing her Masters on a F1, will this create problems ?

You will hear from NVC only when the priority date for that category is about to become current per visa bulletin.

You can call NVC and give your I130 receipt # to check the status.