Parents CP in Mumbai

visaapplicant

Registered Users (C)
My parents’ immigrant visas were approved through Consular Processing at Mumbai on 3/7/07. The complete timeline is below.

They had their medical exams done at Lilavati Hospital and got sealed reports for the consulate the same day. They submitted all the required originals/documents at VFS 10-15 days before interview. I had sent them copies of my paystub for the months after I864 was sent to NVC. These were also submitted at VFS.

They were asked to arrive at consulate for interview at 7:30 am. They reached there after 7 am and were seated inside consulate soon thereafter. They waited till 11 am when they were called for interview. They had taken with them my birth certificate, photos, letters, phone bills as evidence of relationship. They were not asked to show any additional documents. Consular Officer asked them a few basic questions: my (petitioner) name, my spouse’s name, how many children I have etc. He told them their applications are approved, took their passports and said they will receive stamped passports (alongwith sealed visa envelope) via courier. They were fingerprinted (index finger).

I want to thank Jenimmi, Needurhelp, Anahit, Ari4u, Yamini, Jaisejames, Jyotsna, Azguy and others for their help and support. Many questions were answered and anxieties were lessened in this forum.

All the best to everyone with their immigration journey.

===================================================
Timeline

GC/ CP for Parents

I-130
Mailed I-130 to VSC: Feb 10 '06
Rec'd at VSC: Feb 14 '06
Notice Date: Feb 15 '06 - mail received on Feb 22 '06
Checks cashed on: Feb 17 '06
Approved on: Aug 25 '06 - mail received on Aug 31 '06

NVC Processing
Case entered: Aug 31 '06
Aff of Support (I864) Fee bill & DS-3032 copy sent by NVC: Sep 11 '06
Rec'd I864 fee bill and DS 3032 copy: Sep 15 '06

Sent I864 fee bill back to NVC @ MO: Sep 16 '06
I864 fee bill received by NVC @ MO (as per mail tracking): Sep 19 '06

Sent DS 3032 back to NVC@ NH: Sep 18 '06
DS 3032 received by NVC @ NH(as per mail tracking): Sep 20 '06
IV fee bill generated: Sep 25 ‘06
IV Fee bill received by me: Sep 30 '06
IV Fee bill sent back to NVC @ MO: Oct 2 '06
IV fee bill received by NVC @ MO (as per mail tracking): Oct 5 '06

I864 received by me: Sep 30 ‘06
I864 sent back to NVC@ NH: Oct 4 ’06
I864 received by NVC @ NH(as per mail tracking): Oct 6 '06
I864 received by NVC @ NH(per NVC): Oct 10 '06

DS-230 Part I received by me: Oct 19 '06
DS-230 sent back to NVC @ NH: Oct 23 '06
DS-230 received by NVC @ NH - Oct 26 '06

Case Completed - Nov 22 ‘06
Case Transferred to Mumbai Consulate - Nov 28 ‘06

Interview packet received - Feb 7 '07
Interview - Mar 7 '07, approved

Arrived in USA - April 07
GC Received - May 07

Last edited by a moderator:
All that's well ends well

CONGRATULATIONS VisaApp !! :)

Finally the ordeal seems to be over for you, well..almost. Now, just the waiting part till they arrive into US and the GC afterwards.

I want to also thank you for all your help with our immigration process. You were also very helpful to a number of others in this forum. Hope your parents arrival and POE process will be just as easy.

Good luck to you and your parents!

I 130 approval

visa applicANT,

WHY I130 APPROVAL TOOK 6 OR MORE MONTHS FOR YOU? THIS CONCERNS ME, MY RECEIPT DATE IS JAN 12-2007, HAVE NOT RECEIVED APPROVAL YET.

I HEARD FROM MY RELATIVES THAT IT TOOK THEM 4 OR LESS MOTHS FOR APPROVAL.

visa applicANT,

WHY I130 APPROVAL TOOK 6 OR MORE MONTHS FOR YOU? THIS CONCERNS ME, MY RECEIPT DATE IS JAN 12-2007, HAVE NOT RECEIVED APPROVAL YET.

I HEARD FROM MY RELATIVES THAT IT TOOK THEM 4 OR LESS MOTHS FOR APPROVAL.

I would also like to find out. :rolleyes: You have asked the same questions in multiple threads. Anyway, there was no RFE or apparent reason for delay in I130 approval. I have noticed that VSC is pretty unpredictable in I130 approvals. I have noticed a variation of 6 weeks to 8 months for different cases over the past year.

I would also like to find out. :rolleyes: You have asked the same questions in multiple threads. Anyway, there was no RFE or apparent reason for delay in I130 approval. I have noticed that VSC is pretty unpredictable in I130 approvals. I have noticed a variation of 6 weeks to 8 months for different cases over the past year.

thanks for your reply, Yes I am new to this forum, and wasn't sure which one is more current..

I guess it's just wait and watch..

thanks.

need advice

Friends ,I need your adivce. I US citizen and about to sponser me parents for green card.my parents have B2 visa.

I am very confuse.which option should I take CP or AOS. pls guide so i can take right decision.

thanks/kashif

Friends ,I need your adivce. I US citizen and about to sponser me parents for green card.my parents have B2 visa.

I am very confuse.which option should I take CP or AOS. pls guide so i can take right decision.

thanks/kashif

That will be your decision based on the situation. There have been many posts in "Family based" forum on this topic.

If they are in USA, you can do AOS which is currently moving faster than CP. If they are outside USA, you will do CP.

That will be your decision based on the situation. There have been many posts in "Family based" forum on this topic.

If they are in USA, you can do AOS which is currently moving faster than CP. If they are outside USA, you will do CP.

I disagree. AOS is very very variable. The current timelines are anything from 3 months to 2 years. Lot of my friends have been stuck with AOS for over a year now.

I disagree. AOS is very very variable. The current timelines are anything from 3 months to 2 years. Lot of my friends have been stuck with AOS for over a year now.

Are you talking about employment based GC? Family based GC for immediate relatives (parents), AOS is moving faster then CP rightnow. If someone gets stuck in namecheck then its a different thing and it can take longer.

thanks a lot friends for providing your valueable input.
"so correct me if I am taking wrongly. there is no harm/bad imapact/rick in persuing parents AOS as compared to CP. "

thanks

thanks a lot friends for providing your valueable input.
"so correct me if I am taking wrongly. there is no harm/bad imapact/rick in persuing parents AOS as compared to CP. "

thanks

For AOS, there is some (minimal) risk of parents being questioned about entering US on visitor visa while having immigration intent. Many people have done it without having any problems. Please read the threads in "Family based" forum and in particular check the experience of username 'horiba'.

It will be your decision whether to do AOS or CP. Typically, people advise to wait for about 2 months after entry in US before starting AOS.

Visa applicant or others,

When I applied for my mother(I-130,india) I used the name on her birthcert.
Appl. is pending. But I just found that her passport has different first name.
note: it's the same name but different prefix (i.e. parvatibahen (birth cert.), and parvatiben(in passport)).
Now they have the affidavit made, but what kind of troble it may create? ,later on..(I believe VSC approval should not be affected, since they don't have copy of passport in file).
thanks for help.

Visa applicant or others,

When I applied for my mother(I-130,india) I used the name on her birthcert.
Appl. is pending. But I just found that her passport has different first name.
note: it's the same name but different prefix (i.e. parvatibahen (birth cert.), and parvatiben(in passport)).
Now they have the affidavit made, but what kind of troble it may create? ,later on..(I believe VSC approval should not be affected, since they don't have copy of passport in file).
thanks for help.

On I-130, you could have put the name variations in "other names used" field. In any case, you have the affidavits ready which you can submit, if you want, alongwith DS230 part 1 (which asks for copy of biographic page of passport). Maybe there is a field "other names used" on DS230 part 1, I am not sure. If so, you can put name variations there. Applicant's birth cert will be required only at the time of consulate interview. It should not cause any trouble.

what to attach with DS230

THANKS,

also what you need to attach with DS230?
I have both DS 3032 and DS230(I did pu other name used in there), ready and signed by my parents,
for DS3032 can i just paste the barcode on the top of the sheet?
thanks a lot.

THANKS,

also what you need to attach with DS230?
I have both DS 3032 and DS230(I did pu other name used in there), ready and signed by my parents,
for DS3032 can i just paste the barcode on the top of the sheet?
thanks a lot.

Copy of biographic page from passport is needed is alongwith DS 230 part 1.

For DS3032, barcode is printed on the form sent by NVC. Hence you will have to use the form they send you.

Last page of passport for DS-230 I

I read in mumbai consulate instruction to send last page of passport along with biographic page. Is it necessary for sending it to NVC along with DS-230 part I or just along with other documents at VFS. I just sent my DS-230 part I with only first page of the passport. Should i send last page again to NVC now or wait for it to send it to VFS for bombay consulate when we get interview letter.

thanks.

DS230 I questions

I read in mumbai consulate instruction to send last page of passport along with biographic page. Is it necessary for sending it to NVC along with DS-230 part I or just along with other documents at VFS. I just sent my DS-230 part I with only first page of the passport. Should i send last page again to NVC now or wait for it to send it to VFS for bombay consulate when we get interview letter.

thanks.
One more question, Do I also need to send 2 photos as part of DS-230 part I package to NVC? I didn't see that in NVC instructions but see it as part of the packet 4 on mumbai's website. I am thinking these additional stuff a) last page of the passport, photos along with DS-230 Part I & DS 230 Part II would be sent as part of the document set to VFS before 10-15 days of the interview.

Can somebody confirm if my understanding is correct or not.

Thanks for the help.