Parents B visa extension - urgent help please

dolly75

Registered Users (C)
B1 visa extension for my parents.
My parents have 10 years multiple entry visa.

For the last 2 years they visited US three times very frequently due to my closely apart pregnancies, had two kids in less than two years (My son is 10 months old and daughter is 2 years). Both my pregnancies were high risk and quite complicated.
I had my first one born premature. I needed lot of emotional and moral support during that time. And luckily every time they got 6months stay on their I-94.

Last, they left on Dec 3rd 2006 and had to come back again on 29th dec. This time they were asked lot of questions and officers even came out and talked to me .I was waiting outside to receive my parents. I told them I have an elder brother and a younger sister who also lives in US and they visit them as well. This time they exclusively want to spend time with my kids and me. In the past because of my young kids plus due to parent’s health we couldn’t go to many places.

Anyways, they just got one month’s visa this time, they can stay here till 28th Jan 2007.

In the past they never overstayed, always left the country on time.

This time because of my unusual personal situation, its emotionally very difficult for them to leave me alone in the present circumstances, its equally hard for me as well (I am going thru a tough phase in my life, my husband and I live are living separately .My husband use to beat me, he still does harass me. I am very scared of him. He got arrested few months ago and now a domestic violence court case is going on against him .The final hearing for the case will be on 9th Jan 2007. I am sacred to live alone in such circumstances as in the past he had come home and threatened me to take kids away). I hate to see my parents go thru all this at this age.I really need their support right now, would like my parents to be with me at least till this are all over (may be till mid March). Please advise me what’s my best bet in the present scenario.

I have the following questions?

1. If I file for their extension, what all documents I need to submit and what reason should I give for their extension.?

2. Is the above situation a valid reason for the extension? If not please advise me what should I do?.

3.If I file for the extension ,and they leave before the final decision is made. What will be the impact on the visa status .?

4.If their extension is denied after they have already left –what will be the impact on the visa status?

5.If their extension is denied while they are still in US –what will be the impact on the visa status?

Please share thoughts if anyone else has also been thru the similar situation.

I am very anxious please reply soon.

Thanks a lot in advance.

dolly75 said:
B1 visa extension for my parents.
My parents have 10 years multiple entry visa.

For the last 2 years they visited US three times very frequently due to my closely apart pregnancies, had two kids in less than two years (My son is 10 months old and daughter is 2 years). Both my pregnancies were high risk and quite complicated.
I had my first one born premature. I needed lot of emotional and moral support during that time. And luckily every time they got 6months stay on their I-94.

Last, they left on Dec 3rd 2006 and had to come back again on 29th dec. This time they were asked lot of questions and officers even came out and talked to me .I was waiting outside to receive my parents. I told them I have an elder brother and a younger sister who also lives in US and they visit them as well. This time they exclusively want to spend time with my kids and me. In the past because of my young kids plus due to parent’s health we couldn’t go to many places.

Anyways, they just got one month’s visa this time, they can stay here till 28th Jan 2007.

In the past they never overstayed, always left the country on time.

This time because of my unusual personal situation, its emotionally very difficult for them to leave me alone in the present circumstances, its equally hard for me as well (I am going thru a tough phase in my life, my husband and I live are living separately .My husband use to beat me, he still does harass me. I am very scared of him. He got arrested few months ago and now a domestic violence court case is going on against him .The final hearing for the case will be on 9th Jan 2007. I am sacred to live alone in such circumstances as in the past he had come home and threatened me to take kids away). I hate to see my parents go thru all this at this age.I really need their support right now, would like my parents to be with me at least till this are all over (may be till mid March). Please advise me what’s my best bet in the present scenario.

I have the following questions?

1. If I file for their extension, what all documents I need to submit and what reason should I give for their extension.?

2. Is the above situation a valid reason for the extension? If not please advise me what should I do?.

3.If I file for the extension ,and they leave before the final decision is made. What will be the impact on the visa status .?

4.If their extension is denied after they have already left –what will be the impact on the visa status?

5.If their extension is denied while they are still in US –what will be the impact on the visa status?

Please share thoughts if anyone else has also been thru the similar situation.

I am very anxious please reply soon.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi

I am so sorry for your situation but your parents will have problems if you try and extend their stay again

As far as the uscis is conerned they are (and have been) seeing them as trying to live in the USA and why they were only given a month

If you apply for another extension I feel it will be denied unless the reason for extension is life threatening, such as you/they are terminal . If denied then unlawful presence will start from the stamped allowed stay of Jan 07

They really should return home and NOT attempt to re-enter the usa for some time

Are you a LPR or USC, if so maybe you could sponcer them to live in the usa. If not they could buy a biz contingent on E visa status

Thanks for the response Susan.

I am a green card holder .I am from India.

What is LPR and USC? Can you please eloberate on this? How can I buy the biz contingent on E visa.I did google on those couldn't find much relevant information.

Thanks,

LPR- Legal Permanent Resident or Green Card
USC- US Citizen

E visa is another way for them but requires substantial amount of money and
citizenship of certain countries to be eligible

You have my sympathy for the situation but unfortunately you have no other way out, except maybe go back or send your kids with your parents for the time being.

Thanks Waiting toolong and Nishask for the response.I am sorry for the slow response.

Happy new year to both of you.