Parent GC

at123

Registered Users (C)
Please do let me know the followng :

Situation :
the Parents are residing in country of origin (India in this case). They have not come to US at any point in time or neither do they have any visa for US as of now.

Need inputs on:

1. Whether I can complete the entire process of my parents GC application in US, while they are in India.
2. Is their presence needed at any stage within the GC process (i.e. can they accomplish all GC related processing without their having to come to US) e.g. Medical etc.

Thxs

AT

Look at information on "consular processing" on the USCIS website; all details can be done in India - in fact that is the legally correct way as it is not appropriate to enter the US on a visit visa with the intent to file for GC.

Once they receive approval, they should be prepare to move to the US within 6 months.

You will first have to file I-130 in the US, immigrant petition for alien relative for each parent. You select the option for further processing at a US consulate and when it is approved, your parents can apply for an immigrant visa at the US consulate. They don't have to be here in the US for any step of this process. Medicals are done in India at designated clinics.