Panic, file lose .....

little elf

Registered Users (C)
It was the worst thing that you can image.

I filed 130,131,485,765 together in Ocotober,2005. I received all the receive notice on November 2005 EXCEPT 131. I came to this board to ask how that happen. People told me to wait. Unfortunately it does not come even 4 month later. Since I file four together and the receive notice on the other three are in consequence, I bet the my 131 number by use the series no# from the other three, i.e. the other three is end 101,102,103. I bet the no# for the AP is 104 or 100. I put that no# in the uscis.gov, turn out that 104 is for application 131. Then I assume that is my case no#. On January 6, I received email say that AP is approved. I thought it is mine, but I have not received it after 18 days , I call 1-800 no# want to find out why.

When I told them my case no# is a guess no#, I never receive the receipts notice. the customer service lady told me to look at the back of the personal check that I paid for my I-131. As most bank now provide scan image of your cashed check online. So I pulled it out. She told me on the back of the check you will see a MSCxxxxx on the left corner, which is your receipts notice no#. I gave the no# to her , she put in, it turns out : invalid no#

I guess I do not know what to do now. It looks like my file was lost, that is the last thing could happen. ANY suggestion? Can I bring the cancel check to get a AP in my local office. I am in Atlant.

I am totally panic.

at this moment, we can't tell if you file lost. USCIS takes while to input/update files in their database. Next time, get the name of that lady, and make an inforpass appointment.(bring bank statement and tell them the check is cashed)
since you just submitted your application, you still have lots of time to make up any files what get lost.

good luck

Hi elf,
I have a similar problem with my i-485 application. i got my reciept number but i cannot use it online to check the status. But that doesnt mean your application is lost.I had my AOS (i-485) interview and i know it is there with uscis. What i do to chekc the status is i call customer service and tell them that i am not able to lookup the status online using the receipt number and request her if she/he can transfer you to the ins officer. it seems like the officers have more visibility than the customer sevice reps. In my case the oficer was able to look at my file with no problem. So you may want to try that

Hi

Also going by the Msc thing you mentioned. I just got my 3 reciepts recently and then went online to check if the msc number on the cheques matched the ones on the INS reciept. THEY DONT. which would explain why they cannot pull your record by the MSC number on the cheque.

Also I have a question for others

I just revcieved the reciepts for the applications filed last week. As eveybody knows there are 5 cheques to send to INS. but when i got my reciepts - I just got 3 of those. They were

1. First Reciept for I-130 : Petition for alien Relative (check amount $190)
2. Second Reciept I-765 : Application for Employt. Authorization Doc ($180)
3. Third Reciept I-485: App to Register Permanent Residence ($395)

All my cheques are cashed though. Is it normal - that only those 3 reciepts come?

Please HELP

rajeshch said:
Hi elf,
I have a similar problem with my i-485 application. i got my reciept number but i cannot use it online to check the status. But that doesnt mean your application is lost.I had my AOS (i-485) interview and i know it is there with uscis. What i do to chekc the status is i call customer service and tell them that i am not able to lookup the status online using the receipt number and request her if she/he can transfer you to the ins officer. it seems like the officers have more visibility than the customer sevice reps. In my case the oficer was able to look at my file with no problem. So you may want to try that

I certainly appreciate all of your guys answers.

My problem here is that I even did not get the receipt No# for my i-131 file. and when i talked to Customer serivce , they told me that they cannot They cannot see the name, address , DOB or anything to identify for each case. All they can see is the progressive. In another word, they do not know my case no# either. Do you think by this case they can transfer my case to INS officer ? btw, when you say, INS officer , do you mean i need to go to the local office to talk to INS officer or your mean another level customer rep’s ?

Thanks

shahpr787 said:
Hi

Also going by the Msc thing you mentioned. I just got my 3 reciepts recently and then went online to check if the msc number on the cheques matched the ones on the INS reciept. THEY DONT. which would explain why they cannot pull your record by the MSC number on the cheque.

Also I have a question for others

I just revcieved the reciepts for the applications filed last week. As eveybody knows there are 5 cheques to send to INS. but when i got my reciepts - I just got 3 of those. They were

1. First Reciept for I-130 : Petition for alien Relative (check amount $190)
2. Second Reciept I-765 : Application for Employt. Authorization Doc ($180)
3. Third Reciept I-485: App to Register Permanent Residence ($395)

All my cheques are cashed though. Is it normal - that only those 3 reciepts come?

Please HELP

why you have 5 cks? should be 4 , rihgt? 131,130,485,765.

Same as you, all the checks are casked . However, I have 765,130 and 485 came back, but i did not have 131(AP) receipt no# came back!! Are they holding 131???

little elf said:
I certainly appreciate all of your guys answers.

My problem here is that I even did not get the receipt No# for my i-131 file. and when i talked to Customer serivce , they told me that they cannot They cannot see the name, address , DOB or anything to identify for each case. All they can see is the progressive. In another word, they do not know my case no# either. Do you think by this case they can transfer my case to INS officer ? btw, when you say, INS officer , do you mean i need to go to the local office to talk to INS officer or your mean another level customer rep’s ?

Thanks

It is another level of customer service. but they seem to have more information than normal customer support. I would advice you to tell the customer service rep that your receipt number is not being recognized and also mention that your checks were cleared and request her if you can talk to the officer.
The trick i follow is to call normal customer sevice and tell them that i cannot find status of my I-485 online and it says it is invalid and ther last time i called customer service they had me tranfer to an officer and that he/she was able to look it up.

try my way to talk to the next level customer service rep before assuming the worst.

rajeshch said:
It is another level of customer service. but they seem to have more information than normal customer support. I would advice you to tell the customer service rep that your receipt number is not being recognized and also mention that your checks were cleared and request her if you can talk to the officer.
The trick i follow is to call normal customer sevice and tell them that i cannot find status of my I-485 online and it says it is invalid and ther last time i called customer service they had me tranfer to an officer and that he/she was able to look it up.

try my way to talk to the next level customer service rep before assuming the worst.

great advice, thank you so much!!
I am going to try today , i hope i can sneak out for 20 minutes. Again , thank you.

On the customer service they will tell you the same thing that on the online service is on unless you ask for a supervisor and they have more access and check your information on the database and put an inquiry.
Sometimes your receipts took time to appear on the online website. It happened the same to me for almost 3 weeks, I called and told them the same story after they put me a supervisor then he said that my information was correct but it was the same result, wait for 30 days because they sometimes don't update the information right away and takes time. After awhile everything was correct.
Don't relay on the presumption that because you sent all the forms at the same time your receipts must be consecutives.
I tried to check the follow numbers from my receipts and there is no info about those numbers online. So I really don't know how they are generated.
I read another post similar that the person didn't get the receipt for the I-131 but I don not know what was the outcome, did you make a copy of your forms before sending them?
Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
On the customer service they will tell you the same thing that on the online service is on unless you ask for a supervisor and they have more access and check your information on the database and put an inquiry.
Sometimes your receipts took time to appear on the online website. It happened the same to me for almost 3 weeks, I called and told them the same story after they put me a supervisor then he said that my information was correct but it was the same result, wait for 30 days because they sometimes don't update the information right away and takes time. After awhile everything was correct.
Don't relay on the presumption that because you sent all the forms at the same time your receipts must be consecutives.
I tried to check the follow numbers from my receipts and there is no info about those numbers online. So I really don't know how they are generated.
I read another post similar that the person didn't get the receipt for the I-131 but I don not know what was the outcome, did you make a copy of your forms before sending them?
Good luck,

Cherr, I made copy of all the formes , including the support material. Any suggestion on that?

Since you are not sure that the number is yours, try to get a supervisor at the customer service if doesn't work get an infopass with all your copies and other receipts and explain that you haven't receive the receipt for you I-131, they must know what happened with that. Sometimes the customer service works, sometimes they really don't.
Good luck,

I called INS officer today and feel even worse.

My apartment no# is 1125 and they put in the system as 125 miss. So all approval notice is sent to wrong address on January 6th. I asked them if they can resend it me again. They told me that they have not received any return mail from this wrong address so they cannot send it. I ask them if there is no return address what can they do. They say nothing, and they will not issue another one unless the wrong one is returned. Also local office can NOT issue AP. they just do not care. It is so easy for them to resend it to me but they ask me to go such a long shot to try my luck. they are just so careless when they work on the file are critic to other people and they do not want to help other ppl either. SUCK.

My receipts notice is sent on Nov , 2005 and never been returned to USCIS. I do not see there is a chance that some one is going to return the approve notice to this address either. I am going to knock the door of this address to see if they kept it or throw it away. I doubt if they will keep this for three weeks.....

Hang in there little elf. Atleast now you know it has been approved. hopefully whoever got it still have it if they did not get it, i would call the area post office and verify that it has been returned to the sender. Also one more thing to try is to talk to a different officer and see if that might help. there are some good officers somewhere who might be willing to help. MEntion that it was not your mistake and that you put in the right addressin your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

In regards to my post above - I did get my notice for I-131 (Advanced Parole) the next day sperately from the other three (I-130, I 485, I 765). So now I have 4 notices and one still to go.

Elf as you were asking about the fifth cheque - The fifth check is for fingerprinting fee which I sent $ 70.

Also please can anybody help me with a problem I have (rajeshch u have mentioned about this)

As you know i have 4 notices (all with different MSC).
How do i track this online (which MSC to use) and which website.

Please any direction in this would be really helpful

shahpr787 said:
Hi

In regards to my post above - I did get my notice for I-131 (Advanced Parole) the next day sperately from the other three (I-130, I 485, I 765). So now I have 4 notices and one still to go.

Elf as you were asking about the fifth cheque - The fifth check is for fingerprinting fee which I sent $ 70.

Also please can anybody help me with a problem I have (rajeshch u have mentioned about this)

As you know i have 4 notices (all with different MSC).
How do i track this online (which MSC to use) and which website.

Please any direction in this would be really helpful

you can check your case status by put the case no# in the link below.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
hope it helps.

little elf said:
I called INS officer today and feel even worse.

My apartment no# is 1125 and they put in the system as 125 miss. So all approval notice is sent to wrong address on January 6th. I asked them if they can resend it me again. They told me that they have not received any return mail from this wrong address so they cannot send it. I ask them if there is no return address what can they do. They say nothing, and they will not issue another one unless the wrong one is returned. Also local office can NOT issue AP. they just do not care. It is so easy for them to resend it to me but they ask me to go such a long shot to try my luck. they are just so careless when they work on the file are critic to other people and they do not want to help other ppl either. SUCK.

My receipts notice is sent on Nov , 2005 and never been returned to USCIS. I do not see there is a chance that some one is going to return the approve notice to this address either. I am going to knock the door of this address to see if they kept it or throw it away. I doubt if they will keep this for three weeks.....

hey , I have tired to call USCIS several times since i found out my address is wrong. the immigration office told me that she would update my address for me.However, I have not seen my case status changed online since January 6th.

Does any one know if I make the info pass appointment , can the local office issue me one ?

thanks