Pakistanis are getting smarter know where to spend $$$$ another state of the art airp

liftkarade

Registered Users (C)
President General Pervez Musharraf will inaugurate the two level linear modular designed new terminal building of Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore built at a total cost of Rs. 10.3 billion over an area of 644 acres of land on March 17.

Official sources told APP here on Sunday that Civil Aviation Authority has provided international standard modern facilities to facilitate the domestic and international passengers.

New terminal with a handling capacity of 6.5 million passengers annually after its formal inauguration will be put into operation from the midnight of March 17/18 for all local and international air traffic. Twenty large size aircrafts can land at same time and round the clock underground hydrant fuelling system with high pressure is also available on the spot.

Fiftyfive check-in counters have also been established for providing quick service to passengers and all airlines will use modern state of the art computerised ticketing network. Seven boarding bridges have been provided at the terminal to expedite the process of boarding.

An area of 150,000 square feet has been earmarked for apron, taxiway, adjacent car parking, remote parking bays and fuelling system. CAA has also developed its own landscaping, water supply system, grid station, communication network, drainage network and security fence.

Old terminal with the passage of time turned obsolete and failed to cope with rush of air traffic. He said that new terminal will cater the needs of all passengers and air lines. He said that at new terminal, all basic facilities of pick and drop through shuttle service will be made available from the date of its operation.

Modern facilities have been provided to Air Security Force to fully ensure proper protection to passengers and air staff as well as security of terminal building.

Ultra modern computerised state of the art air condition system has been installed which will keep on operating and changing its temperature level according to the load of passengers and outside weather conditions.

As per schedule, terminal was to be completed within two and a half year to three year period but due to some financial constraints in the wake of Sept 11, it was completed in four year at the original cost of construction.

Dude what are you trying to prove

That Pakistan has a airport now ? That is fine. If you are trying to counter the rest of the Pakistan bashers with posts about a giant woman or a new airport - it really is not working.

Pakistan is in deep shit, like it or not. Pakistan has absolutely no credibility in this world. The terrorists have been running and hiding in Pakistan for so long that even the ignorant and self-indulgent local US media has begun to take notice.

Not your fault - it is just the incompetent leadership you have had for the last 50 years. Sorry but Jia, Benazir, Nawaz .. c'mon, they cannot even run a tea shop in Peshwar. This current clown is so stupid that he has been shooting himself in the foot with frightening regularity. He knows he is on borrowed time ....

Well what can I say - the genius who came up with the concept of the islamic bomb , had it funded by Muammar and hired Abdus to do his dirty work was not that bright after all. It was made far worse by the other clowns succeeding him and their "covert war of attrition" in Kashmir. They just had to cross the line .... sigh

It is just a matter of time - after UBL is caught and smoked, Uncle Sam is coming to get your nukes. Chances are your fancy new airport will be a Rs. 10.3 billion 644 acres of rubble.

I wonder

I wonder, are they really gonna use this airport for planes? or just a terminal for bullock-carts or a big hall for homeless people. Except swiss air, No other European or US airline come to Pak and I wonder how many local people travel with plane. And from where Pak gets money for this? One & only source of income = US.
Liftkarade, You pakis only can pray to god to lift(as said in the song of Adnan Sami who is Paki too), but you don't want to work hard and get yourself lifted to a level where people are having better life.

I wonder, are they really gonna use this airport for planes? or just a terminal for bullock-carts or a big hall for homeless people. Except swiss air, No other European or US airline come to Pak and I wonder how many local people travel with plane. And from where Pak gets money for this? One & only source of income = US.
Liftkarade, You pakis only can pray to god to lift(as said in the song of Adnan Sami who is Paki too), but you don't want to work hard and get yourself lifted to a level where people are having better life.

but who's flying there?? :):)

lufthansa, british airways, KLM, alitalia, Delta, Air France are just a few names that I could recall, out of a long line that I read some where, that are not flying their planes to Pak anymore...

what use of an ultra modern airport when no one else is flying other than pak air??? pity :):):)

Air Port?
Only the AIR flows there! What a waste!
Lift Karade, with your weight(May be you weigh TON too!) even mulla would think twice to lift you. It might just crash back to AIR PORT. Why don't you post these kind of messages to paknews.org where it belongs?