Pakistan Dual Citizenship??

Punjabi_Munda said:
IF anyone has done this, your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but here is a link that has some really good information about dual citizenship issues. In general, I think, for citizenship purposes, the US does not care if you acquire citizenship of some other nation (i.e., become a dual citizen).

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/

Good luck!

it is allowed

both my kids have dual passports and never had a problem. We travel to pakistan quite frequently. As for the US law is concerned i read somewhere that as long as you do not become a citizen of another country by taking oath you can keep the US nationality. For eg. if you acquire your Pakistani nationality by Birth or decent you can keep it but if you had taken an oath to become a pakistani then you would not be able to keep the US nationality if you got it through Naturalization

Thank you guys

Thank you both for your replies.
Amyjar, After taking your US Citizenship, do you now have POC or did Pakistani Embassy issued/renewed your passport? Or does it even make a difference, since we'll be using our PK passport or POC only when going to PK anyway.

Questions for Amyjar and other gurus..... Does it make a difference if someone acquired US Citizenship through asylum?

POC also

We recently became us citizens so passport is still in the processing. We have a national id card for overseas pakistanis and pakistani passport. As for my kids who were born here the pakistani embassy renewd their passport for 5 years provided they had the National id card for overseas pakistanis.
As for asylum is concerned i really cannot tell as we were here on H1 and then Green card