Paging ERIC711

WouldBeCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Just want to ask a few questions about interview.

1. Do they give the questions of civics and history on paper or ask them verbally?

2. My interview is slated at 9.10 AM. How bad is the waiting? Can I expect to come back to work by noon? My wife's interview is at 9.50 AM - same day at same office.

3. Any dress code? I plan to put on the usual office dress (nothing fancy like Jeans and sports shoes)

4. How good/bad are the officers doing interview? Courteous? Are they serious and do never laugh? :eek:

5. Parking problems? When I went for finger printing I got a parking spot right next to the INS office - actually on the other side of the Knapp street exactly opposite of INS office - paid about $1.50 for meter. But this time expecting a tough time. Any poiinters? May be I can park in the nearby Pick n Save lot?

6. Whatever happened to your oath? Any progress?

7. Where is the oath actually in Milwaukee? I assume it would be in court house somewhere and searched the google with every possible hint. But no use. I talked to one guy called Mitch (found his address from Googling) who had interview in Milwaukee. He said that he was from Madison and had oath 8 or 9 months after interview (3 years ago). But times are different now.

8. I am only reading 100 questions for the interview though read the "citizenship for dummies" book once (still with me from Library). Is this enough?

9. Any other help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance. I will update you after I come back from Interview.

Hi WBC,

1. Yes, it's on paper and very easy. It's not verbal

2.You should be back by noon. When you go, you drop your appointment letter in a slot next to the appointment room and sit outside along with other in front of a half mirror window. They call you around the appointment time.

3. No dress code.

4.They are courteous. I guess seriousness or laughing depends on the officer. Mine was very serious but yet laughed couple of times

5. As for parking, park in the nearby Mall parking lot so you won't have to worry about the meter. It's about 3 blocks northeast of the office.

6.Haven't heard of oath yet, it's pending FBI security check.

7.I don't know where the oath will be

8. 100 questions are sufficient

9. Make sure your wife has your tax returns with her. They consider that as an indicator that you have been together.

Best of luck,

Oh, By the way, the test is multiple choice. So it's even easier.
The alternative answers to the correct one are so obviously wrong. It could not be easier!

more oath questions

Eric,

How long ago was your interview? Have you found out yet if they have cleared your name at the FBI by calling them directly? I too am waiting for my oath pending name check but I applied at another location.

Casawi

Re: more oath questions

Originally posted by casawi
Eric,

How long ago was your interview? Have you found out yet if they have cleared your name at the FBI by calling them directly? I too am waiting for my oath pending name check but I applied at another location.

Casawi

My interview was in Jan 26. Close to end of Feb I inquired FBI. 10 days later, I got a letter from FBI saying my name check is pending since August 2003!!

Originally posted by eric711
Oh, By the way, the test is multiple choice. So it's even easier.
The alternative answers to the correct one are so obviously wrong. It could not be easier!

Many Many thanks pal. I will keep you informed :) BTW what number to call for the name check? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by WouldBeCitizen
Many Many thanks pal. I will keep you informed :) BTW what number to call for the name check? Thanks in advance.

I called this number 1-202-324-3000, and then they gave me a fax number to send the request through fax. In the fax I mentioned I wanted a letter to my address. 10 days later, I got a letter from them. But they may not do security check on you since you are married. In the case of married people, they are more concerned about the authenticity of the marriage....