Packet III - Confused !!!

SJquest

Registered Users (C)
My 140 was approved for CP but I-485 was filed for AOS. I have not recd any packet III either from NVC or the lawyer. When I checked with NVC AVM message said "the forms were mailed to "Attorney of Records" on Oct 8th and it should be completed and sent with all required documents to the consulate within 4 weeks". But I had submitted all the I-485 forms/medical test forms even before that date (in Sep) to the lawyer and the lawyer filed my papers on Oct 25th. The lawyer did not tell anything about the P-III. I am confused....

My Question is...

Is Packet III completely ignored ? What consequences it may create, if P-3 were completely neglected. My lawyer does not respond...:-(

Lawyers routinely ignore Packet 3 if the client wants AOS. ...

Happened to me. Wish I was informed of it, though. Then I could have considered CP. I found out about it only recently.

No problem for Ignoring Pkt III. Usually lawyer receive a letter asking you to confirm to CP. If you

are fine. But, now the I140 is in a consulate your case will take
additional 4-6 months after the Normal processing time.

Good Luck!.

How can we stop from happening that 4-6 months delay?

Is there a way to stop I-140(for that matter, anything) from going to the consulate, when the case is changed from CP to AOS?
Can Attorney inform NVC that it should stop any further processing on it, immediately after I-140 is approved?
Any detail would help lot of people . . .

who and when to inform to change from cp to aos

Who should inform this(I guess it is lawyer), but if lawyer didn\'t inform it or is not caring, can we inform it to nvc. If so, how?

Another important question is when to inform it. Is it as soon as I-140 approved. Or do we need to wait for the letter from NVC and then inform them. I am also confused with the new procedures for CP.

You should inform NVC after you receive the letter from NVC. As soon as I140 approved, you will rece

clean-up process for NSC\'s goof-up. Earlier, they sent I140 for CP even for those who did not opt for CP.
Now, NSC sends I140 to NVC only for CP opted cases!..That\'s the new procedure, I believe!.

Who should inform this(I guess it is lawyer), but if lawyer didn\'t inform it or is not caring, can we inform it to nvc. If so, how?

Another important question is when to inform it. Is it as soon as I-140 approved. Or do we need to wait for the letter from NVC and then inform them. I am also confused with the new procedures for CP.

New CP procedures

Guys, please update me about the changes in the new CP procedure as I\'m in the decision making stage of switching to CP from AOS. Please advice so that I opt for the right one.

Thanks in anticipation....