Packet III - Basics

monty2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I received my P-III one month after my I-140 approval. I have all my papers ready to go. Just got few questions –

My lawyer said I need to send $670 for me and my wife combined. Is this the correct amount? I read it’s $260 per person so $520 and then $65 per person at time of interview. Please let me know the correct amount?

Can this amount be issued as one MO/Cashier Check/Certified Check for me and my wife or do we need separate checks?

Thanks in Advance!
Monty

Last edited by a moderator:
ckvimal

Hi,
yes, your lawyer is correct . Fees at consulate is increased
from 520 to 670. You can send whole amount in one dd. I sent
dd which i took from post office.
hope this helps.
thanks
gcvege

Hello Monty,

you have to pay the fees that is SPECIFIED in your packet-3 as per the bar-coded letter.

Nothing less & Nothing more.

For some folks, the bar-coded letter says pay 335$(260+65) and for some it says pay only $260. (per person in each case).

If you pay less or more, St.Louis will send back the case to attorney..... So pay the fees what the NVC says in your packet-3 letter.

Thank you...

-LocalMadras,

Hi Monty2,

That's correct, u got to send $670 for u and ur wife. I did the same. U can take One MO/Cashier Check/Certified Check. I took One from the Post Office and paid extra $3.25 to find out when the check was cashed. U don't need separate check.

RKReddy

Originally posted by monty2
Hi Guys,

I received my P-III one month after my I-140 approval. I have all my papers ready to go. Just got few questions –

My lawyer said I need to send $670 for me and my wife combined. Is this the correct amount? I read it’s $260 per person so $520 and then $65 per person at time of interview. Please let me know the correct amount?

Can this amount be issued as one MO/Cashier Check/Certified Check for me and my wife or do we need separate checks?

Thanks in Advance!
Monty
:cool:

Fee bill amount is important as St. leuis is only concerned with the amount listed in bar coded page. You can find significant numer of cases where P3 was sent back when check and bar coded page does not match....