Packet 4 not yet arrived. Has anyone\'s relatives recently picked packet 4 from Mumbai embassy

vdesh1

Registered Users (C)
Hello, My packet 4 is not yet arrived from Mumbai. My interview date is in late January. I had arranged for someone to pick it up from Mumbai embassy on my behalf. However, I was told that the Mumbai embassy people did not give the packet to that person even when he carried my authority letter and his identity card.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does anyone know is there is separate queue for Immigrant visa papers collection or it is the same long one for non-immigrant visas?

Thanks.

Vdesh1

I had a similar experience. My father went to collect a duplicate P4 with my authority letter on 4th Jan, and he was refused saying they can issue a duplicate only a week before the interview. However, there are many guys whose folks collected it in December..I don\'t understand, maybe they have some new rules from Jan...Wish they would update their website when they change rules...

Embassy did not say the same thing to us.

You are right, they should update their web site. But funnily enough they have not said anything like what the Delhi embassy told your father to the person who went there for me. They just said that I can collect in person the packet 4 when I reach India. They did not say that I have to wait till one week before the interview.

If what you say is true, I can not take my medical exam till one week before. I am leaving for India tomorrow. I may end up calling the embassy tonight.
Thanks.

Vdesh1

My cp is at mumbai..When I had created my login my CP case was assigned a Delhi number, but NVC later on changed it to Mumbai. My father went to Mumbai and not Delhi. I am sure when u go there personally they will give u the letter. Even if they don\'t you can carry the printout of the appointments on the Mumbai web page and also a email if you received one from Mumbai. I called up Hinduja and they said it was ok...

vdesh1

Can you pls post aboutyour talks with embassy or your experience with them when you go there? I am leaving on 11th and going for medical on 17th at Lilavati Mumbai. I was planning to collect P4 on 16th but my interview is on 30th Jan. Pls post here whatever response you get.

Ashish