Packet 4 not arrived!

Raj H

Registered Users (C)
Leaving for india for Jan interview in a few days. not recieved Pkt 4 as yet. what is the alternative. Consulate says they mailed it out on dec 4th

No Title

dont worry its a very common issue.
a) take a printout from website of you appointment letter where your case number and date and time will be there.this one is good for all purposes
b) fill out the forms required
   part II of ds or of
   affidavit of support
   irs 9003 on a yellow paper

c)medical stuff they will give you in labs and doctor will fill information in hospital

you are fine dont worry about p4, check for all docs. you will be fine
best of luck

same boat

I will be leaving for India on Jan 19th and still haven\'t recd my P4. I will be also doing waht Samind suggested in the previous post.

here is format of emp letter

i dont know whether any website has a sample emp letter or not. but this is the one which i used. try this one.

United states consulate general
bla bla bla (address of the consulate where you are going to)
bla bla

RE: Immigrant visa petition on behalf of AKS1234
            LIN-76-987-12345

Dear Sir/Madam:
Samind Inc,. is a permier Information Technology services provider to Fortune 500 companies. We offer a wide range of management and technical services to industry, government and nonprofit organizations throughtout the nation, from which we derive gross annual revenues in excess of $143 million. Samind Inc,. was founded in 1974 and with our staff of 1100 professinal and support personnel, our member firms are able to provide optimum solutions to data processing specific problems.

Samind Inc, filed an immigrant petition for alien worker on behalf of AKS1234, and we continue to support that petition. MR AKS1234 has been offered a full time postions as a programmer analyst with Samind Inc. In this capacity, MR AKS1234 is currently earing an annual salary in the amount of $82,500.

The terms and conditions of the employment have remained essentially the same as described in our I-140 petition. We still intend to offer AKS1234 employment as described in I-140 petition.

If i may answer any questions or be of assistance to you in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerly,
bla bla bla (give the name of the concerned person in your organization and his/her designation)

I thought this guy is talking about appointment letter

Hi Samind,

I thought this guy is talking about appointment letter and not the employment letter. What you mean here is that employment letter is good enough and it is okay even if we dont have Appointment letter from the consulate.

People who have given US addresses

have started recieving apointment letters here (atleast the ones from Chennai). This does not have pkt 4 forms though, which you can easily get on the web.

No Title

no no.. you need to have appointment letter for sure. if you wont recieve appointment letter before interview you can take a printout from web and can go for interview. tell me which consulate you are going for interview so that i can tell you the site, how to print the appt letter.

How do you obtain an appointment letter?

Thanks for the infomation. But please clarify
on the appointment letter from the web.
Is the appointment schedule on the consulate webpage
which has your case number good enough if one
has not received a hard copy of the appointment letter?
If not please elaborate on how it can be obtained from
the web.

I have not yet received my appointment letter or p4.
My interview is on Jan 24th at Mumbai.

Thanks,
Chimnee