Packet 3 - Form 230 I related questions

Hi Guys,

We sent out packet 3 to NVC last month. Today the NVC message says that my "case was completed on August 7th". What does this mean? Will they send it to the consulate now or do we have to wait till the visa numbers are currrent?

Another question I have is, since the AOS guys are being treated as if the visa bulletin is current till the 17th of August, shouldn't the CP guys be treated the same way?

Cheers!

EB1_2007,

I am guessing you belong to EB1 category. If so, EB1 would (likely) remain current starting October 2007. And, CP process is always ahead of AOS, in terms of processing documents. This is because NVC is part of DOS which decides on the cut-off dates and NVC gets this information in advance. And, they start working on the case in advance.

Going by that, your case will be forwarded to the respective consulate.
PD is not current until Aug 17th for any case (AOS or CP). It was only until July 31st. USCIS is just accepting the cases until Aug 17th and that has nothing to do with VISA numbers availability.

How long to forward case to Consulate?

How long will it take for NVC to forward the case to Consulate (mine is Chennai) after Form 230 is reviewed and completed?

Mine was completed on August 6th. Per CP tracker.com it may take anywhere between a week and a month.

Any recent experience? My PD is 03/2005, EB3.

Dont give up yet!

Mumbai is known to revise scheduled interviews and add candidates at a short notice, like they did for June. Keep your documents ready. Really, I mean it. Get the Police Clearance Cert and so many other papers that you need.

There are some 8000 unused family visas of 2006 that come to EB and they need to use it before the end of Sep. I think you get to go at it first! Best of Luck! I am not sure how they will go about it this time without making themselves look terrible. They may simply provide those numbers to Consulates/Embassies where they know these would get used almost certainly!

Look at Chennai, they have scheduled several EB1 and EB2 cases! So, they are getting visa numbers from Dept of State, eventhough the Visa Bulletin is not out yet and Aug Bulletin said every category is unavailable!

Please check the Mumbai Consulate schedule on a daily basis! Collect your documents now!

H

Guys,

The September Appointment schedule is out and there is not a single EB category appointment. See link:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/jaOK3ikqYOGWvHvkASObaQ/apptsept2007.pdf

I guess we will have to remain in limbo till october.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there are unused VISA numbers

Mumbai is known to revise scheduled interviews and add candidates at a short notice, like they did for June. Keep your documents ready. Really, I mean it. Get the Police Clearance Cert and so many other papers that you need.

There are some 8000 unused family visas of 2006 that come to EB and they need to use it before the end of Sep. I think you get to go at it first! Best of Luck! I am not sure how they will go about it this time without making themselves look terrible. They may simply provide those numbers to Consulates/Embassies where they know these would get used almost certainly!

Look at Chennai, they have scheduled several EB1 and EB2 cases! So, they are getting visa numbers from Dept of State, eventhough the Visa Bulletin is not out yet and Aug Bulletin said every category is unavailable!

Please check the Mumbai Consulate schedule on a daily basis! Collect your documents now!

H

Yes Hanuman, you are correct! There are thousands of unused VISA numbers that USCIS returned as well.

Do you think EB3/EB2 cases that has been completed by NVC as of now, still has a chance to be benefited by these unused numbers? My case is EB3, PD March 2005 and NVC has completed the case 10 days back but not forwarded to Chennai yet. Do you think I will make it in this wave?

Or wait for several years?

Hello Buddy, What happen if someone PD become current and NVC still not received DS230 part1. My question is that in this case does Consular processing at there home country will start sending Packet4 or the consular office must wait for NVC to reveiew or send DS230 part1 for interview. Reason i am asking because lots of my relatives they never received any packet 3 .They directly received Packet4 from consular office after 13 years F4 category asking MEDICAL,PCC ,I864 ,BIRTH CERT ,ETC .When i asked them about Packet3 they had never ever received Packet3 or anything about NVC.How come its possible without NVC they got Green Card.

H
Thanks for the optimism and advice Hanuman55...we have given our passports to the Houston Embassy for PCC.

Q for guys who have submitted Packet 3

I just sent the fee for my CP to St. louis. Now I am preparing for the Packet 3. What documents would I need to provide with Packet 3 docs. Would I be needing PCC right now? My lawyer was saying that I would need to provide PCC with Packet 3.

And he said I would need to provide Birth Certificate original, Marriage certificate Original. Just giving away the originals is scaring me, what if it gets lost.

Help/advise would be appreciated.

My PD is Dec 2002, EB-2.

Hi

PCC is not required at this time when you submit DS239 part 1,. you will need it only when you go to respective consulates for the interview 15 days prior to submit to the vcc. you do not required to give original birth cirtificate and or anything original document for that matter at this moment. when u go for the interview... u need it to give it then... in the consulate for the verification purposes...

hope this help;.

NVC has forwarded my case to consulate

NVC has forwarded my case to Consulate(Chennai) after reviewing Packet 3.

I just want to highlight here that cases are being forwarded to consulates despite the fact that the PD is not current for any category!

Now, the last step. Interview Call. I still hope there is a slim chance that for cases that are reaching respective consulates by August end may get interview scheduled before end of this year as there are thousands of unused VISA numbers that USCIS have returned and also 8000 family VISA numbers that were unused (in 2006?).

DS 230 form

Hi, I already sent back Packet 3 to NVC . . How long it takes to get the message in automated phone service. In your cases how many days it took.Any current applicant.Waiting for your reply .Thanks

Hi, I already sent back Packet 3 to NVC . . How long it takes to get the message in automated phone service. In your cases how many days it took.Any current applicant.Waiting for your reply .Thanks

It may take 4-5 days to two weeks normally.

Hello WILLWIN or any helper, I am facing problem .My lawyer has already sent ONLY DS 230 form to NVC reason my I864 was not ready that time. Now its in my hand . I don,t no what should i do. Do u think my case will still go for CP interview.Can i show I864 at the time of interview or i will get stuck here for long delay. Athough he had submitted all Ds 230 form NVC bar code letter+ passport front and last page (biography). Plz advice me what to do. My PD IS ALREADY CURRENT LAST MONTH. FAMILY BASE F3.

Hello WILLWIN or any helper, I am facing problem .My lawyer has already sent ONLY DS 230 form to NVC reason my I864 was not ready that time. Now its in my hand . I don,t no what should i do. Do u think my case will still go for CP interview.Can i show I864 at the time of interview or i will get stuck here for long delay. Athough he had submitted all Ds 230 form NVC bar code letter+ passport front and last page (biography). Plz advice me what to do. My PD IS ALREADY CURRENT LAST MONTH. FAMILY BASE F3.

Sorry, I have no idea about that but you can definitely call NVC at 603-334-0700 and speak to the operator about this. They would help you out.

Good luck!