Packet 3 coming but I-140 AD still not there

njcpdel

Registered Users (C)
Packet 3 recvd but I-140 AD still not there

Hi everyone..

This is kinda wierd in my case and I havent seen something like this on forums too. I was assigned a NVC case # in early september and a letter for fees was sent to my lawyer. I had sent the fees and now the status of NVC message has also been changed to Biographic data form sent to lawyer as of last week. But I still havent received my I-140 approval. Now I am hoping to send across Packet 3 ASAP but with no I-140 Approval notice so far I am beginning to worry if that may cause any problems. Any word of advice on the same......

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by njcpdel
Hi everyone..

This is kinda wierd in my case and I havent seen something like this on forums too. I was assigned a NVC case # in early september and a letter for fees was sent to my lawyer. I had sent the fees and now the status of NVC message has also been changed to Biographic data form sent to lawyer as of last week. But I still havent received my I-140 approval. Now I am hoping to send across Packet 3 ASAP but with no I-140 Approval notice so far I am beginning to worry if that may cause any problems. Any word of advice on the same......

If I understand you correctly, your I-140 has been approved
but you have not received the notice of approval.

Your Attorney needs to contact the INS service Center to obtain
the duplicate if the original is lost or misplaced.

This should not affect your other process with NVC as they
have already received the intimation from the INS office.

Raju

Hi Raju

The INS Case status does not show the status as approved. So No the I-140 is not approved. But NVC had sent a letter for fee in September and yesterday I even got the packet 3. But the I-140 status on INS website is still not approved. I am at a loss here as to what is going on. Since I always thought that before the case is sent to NVC, the I-140 approval is sent out.

Originally posted by njcpdel
Hi Raju

The INS Case status does not show the status as approved. So No the I-140 is not approved. But NVC had sent a letter for fee in September and yesterday I even got the packet 3. But the I-140 status on INS website is still not approved. I am at a loss here as to what is going on. Since I always thought that before the case is sent to NVC, the I-140 approval is sent out.

The NVC is proceeding as though the I-140 has been approved.
In all probablility it is approved and they got intimation to that
effect from INS.

So your Attorney needs to call INS and get a duplicate notice of
approval.

I cannot explain the case status and afraid to assume that
there has been a major mixup and NVC is all wrong in
proceeding with your case.

Raju

Hi Raju,,
Thanks for ur answer again.

My lawyer contacted the INS and they said that they have no clue how the NVC started the process but they said that I should recieve the I-140 approval in a couple of weeks. In any case the lawyer was asked to call back and check in a couple of weeks so maybe in next week or so there will more answers.

Another question I had was, Is I-140 approval notice required for sending packet-3. Since I have already recieved the packet3 from NVC, cant I mail it without the approval notice.

Since yours is a traditional CP process (not AC I-140) you do not need to include I-140/ its photocopy as a part of packet 3.

Simply fill out packet 3 which mainly comprises of DS 230 part 1 and other documents if explicitly requested by nvc (which is rare but happens). Mail this to NVC.