P4 mailing time

GCsucks2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi

For people who are getting the P4 packet in the US, how long did it take for it to come to yours or your lawyers address since they mailed it in Chennai.

My second question is - if P4 gets lost on the way here can we go to medicals and interview with the duplicate copy that can be collected in Chennai.

Thanks

Originally posted by GCsucks2003
Hi

For people who are getting the P4 packet in the US, how long did it take for it to come to yours or your lawyers address since they mailed it in Chennai.

Depending on the speed of Indian post, it mat take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to the P4 from US conualte in India to an address in US.

My second question is - if P4 gets lost on the way here can we go to medicals and interview with the duplicate copy that can be collected in Chennai.

Yes. An individaul can go to the US consulate in Chennai and get an duplicate P4. Interview letter is a pre-requirement for medical and to get into the US consulate. So make sure that either you or your family/friend goes and picks up the interview letter. You may also send an e-mail or call them by phone, to request the US Embassy to send a duplicate P4 to an address in India.

Thanks

thanks CPdelhi. I have a quick follow up question.
If I ask somebody to go and pick up a copy of the P4, how will they gain entry to the US consulate to go and pick it up.

What are they supposed to say to the security etc. to go and pick it up. Any experiences??

any answers to the above question.
Has anybody's relative actually gone to the consulate and picked up the duplicate P4

My case was forwarded to Chennai consulate on Oct 16. I sent an email to consulate yesterday and they replied saying my case was received by them and interview is likely to be in Jan.

I guess I missed December by a whisker :mad:

My dates are similar to yours and colt2003 ?

I would he happy with Jan dates as tickets seem to be way too expensive for Dec and also they are not available?

Appreciate your update. I will update once I hear from the consulate.

Tx

My P3 review was completed on Oct 28th. My lawyer sent it in on Oct 3rd. AVM updated on the 15th. Review completed on 28th. Can't complain. Hopefully no more complications.

Gurus, when can I expect my interview. Can I expect it in Jan. Reading GCSucks2003's message, he got a Jan interview when his packet reached Chennai on Oct 16th. I expect mine to reach around Nov 15th. Is that reasonable?

Also my P4 is coming to my lawyer in the US. Does anybody have any experience picking up a duplicate copy from the cosulate?

If anybody finds about December interview date in Chennai, please post here so that I can send an email to consulate to find dates. Dont want to wait till 15th, when they actually post it on the website

I received a reply from the consulate stating that my interview will be in Dec or Jan.

GCSUCKS2003
You had mentioned that your interview will be in Jan 2004?
Could you pls clarify if you spoke to them OR you got a email reply?

Will start a new thread "Likely interview for Dec 2003 - Chennai.

Thanks