P-4 Visa Conditions.

grugstar

My wife is travelling with me on my P-1 visa as a p_4 Visaholder. Her company has asked her to work remotely with them while away for the 6 months. Is this possible?

Would she be eligible for an EAD if it is not?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P4 visa holders are not allowed to work, but may attend schools or colleges. Dependents can't accept employment unless granted employment authorization through other means.

It is illegal that P4 visa is allowed to work.Your wife is not eligible to get EAD. You may ask your wife to consulate an immigration lawyer for a better advice.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney- client relationship with Law Firm.

My wife is travelling with me on my P-1 visa as a p_4 Visaholder. Her company has asked her to work remotely with them while away for the 6 months. Is this possible?

Would she be eligible for an EAD if it is not?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The P-4 classification is issued to immediate relatives of P-1, P-2, and P-3 Visa holders who are accompanying or following to join the principal alien, but they are not afforded any right to be employed while in the United States while holding such visa status.

The P-4 visa holder may attend school but if he or she wishes to work, he or she must change his or her status to obtain a work visa. Also see http://www.greencardapply.com/pvisa/pvisa_faq.htm