Own company and AC21

waitforAOS

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I'm planning to become partner (director) in my friend's company and work through that as consultant. I left my GC sponsoring company after 20 months. Can I use my own company's EVL for AC21 purpose? Thanks.

-WaitforAOS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WAC - 02-105-xxxxx
RD: Feb 05, 2002

you can use

your own company's letter head to produce EVL stating the new job has same responsibility as the old one and also the salary too.

Good luck
-TK
wac-02-133-$$$$$

How much old is your new company? How is the history of the company?

These questions will be asked if you get an interview.

waitforAOS,

based on the information you disclose, it certainly looks like a "self-sponsorship" for a Green Card. Employment-based Green Cards cannot be self-sponsored. Investor visas were specifically designed for that purpose; but you would be talking $500,000 to $1,000,000 investment here.

AC21 has no bearing at this point. Talk to any immigration attorney about having any significant interest/investment in a company which sponsors your Green Card.

On a side note, working as a consultant is not quite adequate for Employment-based Green Card purposes. One needs a full-time permanent job offer.

Originally posted by waitforAOS
Hi gurus,

I'm planning to become partner (director) in my friend's company and work through that as consultant. I left my GC sponsoring company after 20 months. Can I use my own company's EVL for AC21 purpose? Thanks.

-WaitforAOS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WAC - 02-105-xxxxx
RD: Feb 05, 2002

If you become a partner then make sure your dont own more than 5% shares in the company(otherwise, as Bitterman pointed out it will be a problem). Best thing to do would be go ahead become an employee now(dont go for the Director's job title, because it will definitely change the job description). And become a partner after getting GC, especially since the chances of RFE are pretty high.