Overstayed (Visa Waiver) EU Citizen want to leave

Yeah everything is easier in the US. That sucks for UK got to know someone just to open up an account? ahhh. Yeah in the US you can do everything on the phone or online! BUT WARRING!!!!!! Identity theft. Maybe UK is doing everything FACE to FACE because they don't want to have people get scammed by phone or online? but then again Face to Face they could have a fake ID. In Canada everything is done, over the phone, and by Fax! I've noticed every country has its different ways of working. Plus I think it depends on what type of a business you open up also. Here in Lux, you could have a great business for only 30,000 euros. Don't take much to get it started either, just one month and the money thats it.

No idea how things are in the UK, but from what I heard its almost like the US from what I've been told, not sure if this is true or not.

The way I see it is the immigration will be tackled after 2008 with a new president (Republican or Democrat). Most candidates are in favor of ‘solving’ the 12 million ‘undocumented’ in the country.
Depending on the candidates the steps are:
- Secure the border (which I admit fully agree)
- Make sure employers understand the rules
- Handling the children attending education
- Most likely differentiate between ‘out of status’ and people who unlawful cross the border (without check). ‘Out of status’ has gone to screening and some of them even through biometric checking.
- Could be education, language, ….. will be another demand

But I even heart Romney mention he will not be able nor attend to set out the 12 million undocumented.

In a couple hundred years from now, they will laugh at all of this and say "Boy how dumb was that stuff!" <--- To bad it can't be in our life time hehe.

I had no problem at all leaving, no questions asked nothing. ALready started a great Job, back in my country.
How can I know, I can enter the USA again, as I would like to visit my (minor) children next year.

Thanks for advise/help

I do understand this, but how do they know. I understand that there are people out there that just return and the systems does not notify.
Is there a specific register procedure. How does it work, as there are quite some failures within the system.

When you leave the US you hand in the part of your visa waiver that was handed back to you when you went through POE (the greenstub.....most times you personally dont hand it over yourself, the airline staff slip it out of your passport at the departure gate instead). This is proof of your departure. The US will therefore have record of the exact date that you left the US, and as it is past the 90 days that you were given you will be classed as an overstay. Like you said and have experienced, there is no problems leaving, its coming back that will be the problem. The immigration official will know that you overstayed your last VWP as soon as you passport is swiped at POE, which means that you can longer use VWP, which means you will be denied entry.
B1-2s are EXTREMELY hard to get if you are from a country that participates in the VWP as the consulate will be extremely interested as to why you need one when you can just travel visa free on VWP. That added with your previous overstay will make it highly unlikely that such a tourist visa will be granted to you. Not saying that its not impossible as you may very well get one, but going by the majority of people's experiences, the odds are not in your favour.