Overstayed 8 years, married to US citizen for 4 years, Need advice?

Byram

Registered Users (C)
I came US j visa with 2 year home country rule, I just got waiver for 2 year home country rule from uscis. Now, I wanna file AOS.

I am married to US citizen for 4 years, I am out of status since 2000. I wanna apply for AOS, but 2007 me and my wife didnt file taxes. we wanna file late,
Can i send I-864 after the I-485 and I-130 or do I need to file together?

What kind of problems I will have for overstaying and being out of status almost 8 :confused:?

thanks

I came US j visa with 2 year home country rule, I just got waiver for 2 year home country rule from uscis. Now, I wanna file AOS.

I am married to US citizen for 4 years, I am out of status since 2000. I wanna apply for AOS, but 2007 me and my wife didnt file taxes. we wanna file late,
Can i send I-864 after the I-485 and I-130 or do I need to file together?

What kind of problems I will have for overstaying and being out of status almost 8 :confused:?

thanks

I overstayed 8 also, F-1 status! timeline below...

Married to US Citizen November 11, 2006.
Re-date for I-485, I-130, I-765, 12-11-06
NOA- I-485, I-130, I-765- 12-14
RFE I-485- 12-26
Biometrics(code 3)- done 01-29-07
RFE Received- 02-07-07
LUD I-765 - 02-23-07
Lud I-765 - 02-27-06 APPROVED!
ND- Interview(Tampa), 02-16-07
Interview Date - 03-20-07
LUD- I-485, I-130, 03-01-07
Interview- 03-20-07-APPROVED!!!
LUD I-130 Approved 03-20-07!!!
LUD I-485 Welcome notice sent, Card production ordered 03-23-07
LUD- Welcome notice received 03-27-07
LUD- I485 Approval notice mailed 03-28-07!!!
03-30-07 GC received!
106 days in all.

So why didn't you file taxes? Because your income was below allowed level?

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as you entered LEGALLY, then your overstay and being out of status will be forgiven once you marry a USC.
i overstayed and was out of status over 4 years and it was not mentioned or brought up at any point in my GC process.

I am a USC and planning to petition my husband but I just arrived here in the US 04-2012

Hi! I am a USC married to my husband who came here on a student visa. We got married 08-2012. And then his visa expired 09-2012. Then I decided to consult a lawyer about our situation and the lawyer told me that I would be needing a co sponsor for me to be able to petition my husband. But now my problem is I have no income tax returns from the past 3yrs. And we already did our best to find a co sponsor but with no luck.

Now my questions are:

- Is there any other way for me to be able to petition my husband that won't require a co sponsor?

- Does a support letter can be a replacement for the income tax return that I lack?

- Does a support letter from me and a friend can be enough to be considered as a requirement for AOS?

- Just this Saturday we were caught in an accident in our new car that was just purchased the same day and it involved police officers that gave him a ticket for driving without a proof of insurance. But we have insurance its just that its just for our other car. And he was informed that he would be needing to show in court so that he won't be paying the fine. But our question is that because of this accident would my husband be asked to leave the US even if he's married to me?

Please start a new thread. Don't revive 5-year-old threads by attaching questions that are irrelevant to the rest of the thread.

as long as you entered LEGALLY, then your overstay and being out of status will be forgiven once you marry a USC.
i overstayed and was out of status over 4 years and it was not mentioned or brought up at any point in my GC process.

What happens in the similar case as above - BUT the applicant has entered the country illegally? I'm curious about those types of applications.

Thanks

What happens in the similar case as above - BUT the applicant has entered the country illegally? I'm curious about those types of applications.

AOS will be rejected if the entry was illegal, unless they met the requirements for the 245(i) amnesty by the cutoff date in 2001.

Community health center medical record to prove relation

prove the family relation to uscis,if She use evidence community health center madical record while she was over stayed on visa with 100 percent discount card will be fine or not?

Last edited by a moderator: