overstay on visitor visa

reddyk123

Hi, My mom was here for 6 months on visitor visa ,we applied for extension .she over stayed for 1 month on her i-94 waiting for the extention,because of family ememrgencies she left.It has been3 months but still we couldn't get the decision.Does this overstay create her an issue next time when she is here? pl let me know.When is the better time to get her here ,I mean giving 6months gap bt visits ??or 3 mnths also shld be fine.PL let me know the general cases. Thank you

Did u get an acknowledgement for the extension ?.
Is the date on the acknowledgement before the expiry of I-94 ?
If so , there there should not be any problem.

If this is the first time your mother came to the US, there shouldn't be any problem for the next visit. There is no need for any gap. However it is best to wait for the outcome of the extension. If it is not approved, she should wait a few months after the reply.

Based on my mom's experience, I don't think she will have a hard time to come back. Just be honest on every question the Immigration officer asked her.

222(g) states that the visa stamp is not voided if the person leaves while a non-frivolous application for extension of status is pending. To be on the safe side, carry proof of having filed the extension, proof of strong ties to home country, and also a print out of the relevant law foe the next trip to the US.