Overseas transfer after N-400 application

swapnil_dwivedi

Hello!

I will be completing 5 year continuous Permanent Residency on June 19, 2006. I am planning on applying for Citizenship via Naturalization on Mar 23, 2006 (about 3 months before). I have recently been told by my (American based) company that I will be temporarily transfered to UK office as of May 15, 2006. The transfer is for 12-14 months.

I have some questions:
1) Should I give my mailing address in application as my UK office (or UK friend) address or should I keep it same as my permanent address in USA (my house address).
2) How can I have my finger printing (or application) expedited ? If not then how can I do UK Consular based finger printing ?
3) What happens to my Permanent Residency during the 12-14 month period ? Will occasional visit to USA help ?

Regards,
Swapnil
swapnil@model.com

Yes, in addition to what JoeF said (that is you need to satisfy all the eligiblity requirements for naturalization until the day you become naturalized), and you may already know this, if you decide to go ahead and apply for naturalization now, just make sure some one is around to receive your mails at home here. Usually the FP notices are sent under a very short notice, so you may want to be prepared for that.

Would you recomment getting N-470 ?

Hello JoeF and aashn !

If I will be out for 15 months on a temporary transfer by my US based company and I will visit US once every six months of abroad stay then do you think I should apply for N-470 along with my N-400 ?

Regards,
Swapnil