Overseas personal check for I-140

gc4now

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
Is this normal or happening only to me. I called emergency number and he says they sent application for overseas check. I don't know what kind of check it is (he says to find out what kind of person you are). Does it required for I-140. Mine is sub labor and wondering if this has been used previously for another person(though employer says not used).

How long it will take if they initiate an overseas check? Feeling like I am on shrinking boat.

My I-140 filed March 22nd, 2003, and semiconcurent. RFE answered march 30th, 2003, Overseas check initiated April 2nd.

Name check completed on I-485. RD April10th 2004.

Please share your experiences in this regard and do you know how long this check will take?

Regards,
gc4now

I am from India.
No. Mine is not a popular name. And I have every document that support my previous employment.

:(

What is the status of your I-140. It seems you have been waiting for long time for this overseas thing? :confused:

regards,
gc4now

And also my name check is cleared for I-485. What kind of information they are seeking? :confused:

Yes, I have been waiting for a long time by now. What I have heard from my attorney is that they sent all I-140 files to overseas for background check. I doubted all I-140 applcants would go through the same process. You just have to wait... Did you go back to your home country during that time frame, which could trigger that process, I guess..

HR

I do not know if this is normal process.

Friends,
Please share your experiences on this. Is there any way to accelerate the process. I have been waiting for long time. Any one who got I-140 approved went thru same process(overseas background check) and how long it took for this process?
Please share your experiences/suggesttions on this

Regards

There has to be something triggers this process. I would suggest you to communicate this to your attorney and let them make phone call to find out. Contacting congressman or senator won't help, but you can try.

HR

How much time it take for overseas back ground check for I-140?

Hi HR,
Any updates on your case?

DO any one know how long it take for back ground check on I-140. I apprecite your replies.

regards,
g4now

I think if there are many similar petitions in your home country through consulate, the whole process would be very time consuming. You have to wait in another line.

HR

How do we find out if there are many waiting for same process. I never heard any one went thru this process. I don't think there are many process. For joba the background check usually takes 15 days to 1 month. I don't know what procedure USCIS follow in this regard.

I think this is not usual procedure since I can not find any one who went thru same process.

gc4now

Hardrock said:
I think if there are many similar petitions in your home country through consulate, the whole process would be very time consuming. You have to wait in another line.

HR

gc4now,

Today my laywer did an inquiry on my I-140 and got the similiar response - initiated an overseas check. What do you suggest what we should do now?

Any update on your case ?

Thanks,
Raj

UN / Anbody Else,
Yesterday my laywer did an inquiry on my I-140 and got a response - initiated an overseas check. Please suggest me what it is and why they have sent my I-140 file to overseas and how long it takes to get the answer from there.

Any help is appreciated.
Raj

raj_I140 & gc4now,

What is your I140 category (EB1/2/3) ?
Because I have heard sometimes with EB1(MultiNationalManager) category, INS initiates an overseas check if applicant supervising oversease employees.

raj_I140 & gc4now,

This looks like another scary prize in the CSC lottery.
This process is so frustrating ...

What does your lawyer say about it?
It is his/her job to understand this process ...