Over stayed visa waiver?

mhhouston

Registered Users (C)
Friend of mine over stayed her visa by two years. In that time she met her fiance and then had to leave for a family emergency. She is now back in her home country. What is the likely hood of her obtaining a waiver to get a k1? Is there any option for her to re-enter the us to get married? If he flew to her country to marry her at the embassy would that allow her to come back in a short period of time? What should she do?

The F-1 based I-94 that your friend had while in the US, did it have an expiry date or did it say "D/S"?
That will make or break her case. She may be subject to a 10 year ban. Depends on the answer to my question.

Friend of mine over stayed her visa by two years. In that time she met her fiance and then had to leave for a family emergency. She is now back in her home country. What is the likely hood of her obtaining a waiver to get a k1? Is there any option for her to re-enter the us to get married? If he flew to her country to marry her at the embassy would that allow her to come back in a short period of time? What should she do?