over payment to uscis. under review

mraman010311

Registered Users (C)
I have sent $420 for. I 130; $ 1070 for I 485 and$ 380 for I 765. I wrote seperate checks, I received a letter from Uscis saying due to the extra payment my package is under review and they can not give me any time line. I wonder if any one else has the same experience. How long does it usually take? Haven't received a case number or receipt number. Filed on july 7 2011 and they received it on july 8 2011

Ok received receipt number from a tier 2 agent on august 3. Received text and email the same night. So from my experience, if they have to review an application. They will take at least 25 - 30 days. Depending on the work load.
Hope this experience help, should some one falls in this catagory

hey buddy i am plannig to send my i 130 and i 485 along with i 765 so many checks should i write and the amount on it .. please help me ??

Hey always positive,
For I 130... $420.00
For I 485.... $1070.00
If you are filing I 765 with your I 485 then only two checks.
I sent 3 checks and it was a problem... I enclosed a reply from USCIS here.........................

Good Afternoon: Thank you for your inquiry. Your package is pending review by the USCIS staff at the Lockbox because it was submitted with an extra, unneeded fee of $380. We refer you to our website, www.uscis.gov, where complete forms, filing instructions and fee guidance are available at no charge. There is no fee required for the I-765 when it is filed concurrently with the I-485. This overpayment will be returned to you and the rest of your package will be processed. Your package will be processed in order with all other package requiring USCIS action at the Lockbox. Receipt numbers and notices are generated when processing is complete. We are not able to predict processing times.

We trust the website resource will be useful to you in all future immigration filing.
The Lockbox Support Team U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

So two seperate checks.... 420 and 1070 will take care of the whole process. Hope and will be glad if my experience helps
Goodluck :)

mraman - thanks for posting about your experience. I am in the same situation as I filed GC for my wife recently. I too overpaid and must now wait a long time I guess :(
I was not sure whether fee payment was required or not for I 765 and decided to err on the side of caution by sending the fee. Bad mistake!

When did you get the reply from USCIS? Did you send them an email inquiry about your case?

I emailed to lockboxsupport. Received the above reply within an hour.
When filing with I 485 we don't need to send a payment for I 765.
.... they received the my package on july 8. Processed my application on august 3. Cleared two checks on august 4.
Goodluck.

Hello tekworker.
It was not that bad mistake I think. Wrong fee would have reject the whole package. When I check my status online, it shows they received the petition on july 8 and not august 3.
Give them 30 days from the day they have received the application. ...... however in one case they have lost a petition..check out mantikos experience on july 2011 filer thread

Hoping this would be my last and conclusive post on this thread, we received a rejection letter (also I 797). The extra check was attached. My usc spouse was semi freaked out looking at the rejection letter. When I point to her the other I 797 which came in earlier in the week gave an alien number and a biometric date, then she calm down.
good luck folks

Hoping this would be my last and conclusive post on this thread, we received a rejection letter (also I 797). The extra check was attached. My usc spouse was semi freaked out looking at the rejection letter. When I point to her the other I 797 which came in earlier in the week gave an alien number and a biometric date, then she calm down.
good luck folks

Hi mraman, earlier this week I got USCIS Acceptance Confirmation through email and SMS.
"Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. "
Today I got a rejection letter(an I 797) along with the extra check I had sent. I haven't received any other I-797 yet. Should I do anything about the rejection letter or can I disregard it? My wife is freaking out and I am telling her to calm down and wait for the other I-797.