Over 40 days and still no biometrics notice

NCGirl, as Bob stated, you should get the IL pretty soon. If they do it without the second fingeprints (FP) that is very cool. And not have to bother with the FBI check. That part is the worst.

Please note they will in fact run the FBI check again. Just on your fingerprints from January 2008. This is what I was told. I had fingerprints on file from October 2006 when I applied in October 2007. The IO on the phone told me that the fingerprints had been run and cleared in December (around my NOA date). I got second fingerprints done before the IL, however, because the 15-months expired before the IL was generated.

If you don't get an IL or a second fingerprint notice by about March 2009 (i.e., month 14-ish), definitely put in a service request. You can have the second level IO do this over the phone. (You don't have to go in for Infopass.)

sh1996,
Thank you so much for your input.I will definitely make the calls to get to a
2nd level officer.By the 60 day mark I will call again and so forth.I am really hoping that is the case that it is because they are going to use my FP from Jan.Their inconsistencies baffles..oh well..like that is news!lol.

NCGirl,

I had taken FP Jan 08 and I just got a FP notice for my N400 application. I am not sure why they didn't use my existing FP???
Details in signature.

AOS_Guy,
That is nice to know you got your FP notice.Like I said,my gut instinct is that I absolutely have to do FP.It is not commonplace that people have been having interviews or gone thru the entire process without doing this.So someone definitely forgot to send me my notice.I am going to start bugging them on the phone from tommorow.I knew it just didn't sound right.

AOS_GUY & ncgirl
Could you please tell in your first FP in Jan 08- was it code 1, 2 or 3. You can check this in your ASC letter you may have received for you Jan 08 FP.
I had a code 3 FP done at that time.

RSRK,
Any news with your FP/status?
No, no FP notice. Incidentally one of my friend couple in NewJersey had filed for N400 sometime back and had been rejected due to premature application time. So they filed another N400 recently and underwent a second set of FP. So I do not know what to make of it. I am still checking mail everyday for this FP notice- infact I will be out for a week or so during holidays, so my mail will be on hold-
BTW, I have found this link: http://www.region12.nafsa.org/CSC_Guidelines_5-03.pdf
At the end of this text are some forms- one of them is California Service Center Fax enquiry Work Sheet . I am thinking of faxing an enquiry about non-receipt of my FP notice. You may find something similar online for your service center. Look for it and fax your enquiry.

RSRK,

My ASC code was 3.

I am sorry to hear about your friend's case,and also that you have not received for FP yet.

I just got off the phone with USCIS.I insisted that I wanted to speak with an IO.The agent said she needs a valid reason to transfer the call.I told her there was a problem with my biometrics(I did not use the word letter).So she checked and was given the authority to transfer me.

The IO asked me why I was calling,I repeated that I think there is a problem with my biometrics BECAUSE I have not received a notice to go do FP.He said ok,what is my full name,DOB and receipt number.I gave them to him.He asked for my home address and then asked me to hold on a sec,then he told me that they received and cleared my FP and that I have already been put on the queue for interview.He said they did not need FP from me again and to wait for my interview letter.

I thanked him and I guess I will wait till I start seeing people who filed ont he same day as me receive their interview letters and take it from there.

I would suggest you call again and make double sure.

ncgirl,
Thanks for the information. I am glad you could get some positive reply from the IO and I hope this holds true for me too. As I had told you earlier the IO at my Infopass on 21st Nov told me that my name check is done and he does not see any FP scheduled for me. I am sure people receiving second FP notice may have some issue to be repeated. The IO told me to expect some letter (IL?) by the end of Dec and if not received, take another infopass. So I guess I will wait for that letter.
Life would have been easier if simply the USCIS writes to us that FP is not required at this time since they have one on their file.
The couple friend of mine from NewJersey who had second FP done- they had their second N400 interview today and got thru. Another thing in NewJersey is that the oath is scheduled the same day- so they completed that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news about your friends!!

OK,end of December is not to far away...you may get an IL soon.If you want to,you can call them again just to be sure because you were not told for sure that you were on the queue for interview.At least you shoudl know that part,rather than telling you to wait for 'a letter'.

The guy at my infopass did not tell me for sure why I was not sent FP he was speculating that it 'may be' because I had FP from Jan but the IO on the phone spoke specifically.

Well,let's see...oh USCIS!!!

I had taken FP Jan 08 and I just got a FP notice for my N400 application. I am not sure why they didn't use my existing FP???
Details in signature.

AOS_GUY!
Just out curiosity…Did you send $80 FP fees with your N-400? If you thought your FP was still valid and they could re-use them, I’m wondering if you send them a check or a fee waiver ...
After you asked me about redoing FP I kept on searching for more information and very much convinced that a naturalization applicant must get fingerprinted, even if he/she did it already for I-751, unless you are in a military or overseas.

NCGirl!
I hope you’ll get your FP notice soon!

AOS_GUY & ncgirl
Could you please tell in your first FP in Jan 08- was it code 1, 2 or 3. You can check this in your ASC letter you may have received for you Jan 08 FP.
I had a code 3 FP done at that time.

Last FP (for I-751) was code 3 – biometrics: ten fingers and a photo
For N-400 it’s just fingerprints.

AOS_GUY!
Just out curiosity…Did you send $80 FP fees with your N-400? If you thought your FP was still valid and they could re-use them, I’m wondering if you send them a check or a fee waiver ...

Jane -
I sent in the full amount $675 required. USCIS can keep the $80 so they don't have to resort to desperate measures like 'selling senate seats' :)

Great news about your friends!!

OK,end of December is not to far away...you may get an IL soon.If you want to,you can call them again just to be sure because you were not told for sure that you were on the queue for interview.At least you shoudl know that part,rather than telling you to wait for 'a letter'.

The guy at my infopass did not tell me for sure why I was not sent FP he was speculating that it 'may be' because I had FP from Jan but the IO on the phone spoke specifically.

Well,let's see...oh USCIS!!!

ncgirl,
I called USCIS this morning and finally could speak to their senior IO who told me that because of my FP in Jan 08, they have used that to do namecheck and I have been put in queue for interview. However when, she could not say- as I mentioned that I need to travel international. Anyway atleast now I am doubly sure. Lets wait and see.

Jane Green,

According to the IO(if you read my post about it)I should be looking in the mailbox for IL(which I would start in January lol..)So hoping to get FP notice at this time would be like being in denial lol...it aint coming...

RSRK,
Well,we both now have the exact same things told to us.I will be watching you and hopefully your IL comes at the end of this month!!

The drama called USCIS....

RSRK,
Any news?I received a letter today from TSC.It stated that it was a reply to the service request made when I called them in November.The status of my case was 'waiting for interview to be scheduled,a notice will be sent to you when a date becomes available'.

congrats

RSRK,
Any news?I received a letter today from TSC.It stated that it was a reply to the service request made when I called them in November.The status of my case was 'waiting for interview to be scheduled,a notice will be sent to you when a date becomes available'.

Hi ncgirl,
I am so happy for you. at least now you know for sure that you are in que for interview. Good luck with the remaining of the process.

RSRK,
ncgirl,
I too got an email with following message:The status of this service request is:

Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Applications Support Center. We are unable to determine how soon you should receive the Appointment Notice. Biometrics appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Applications Support Centers and some Centers have a waiting period of three to six months. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Applications Support Center. You must take the Appointment Notice that you receive with you to your appointment.

I do not know what to make of it. Whether to wait for FP notice now or interview appointment letter?
I will be traveling till 5th Jan and only after that I will be able to check my mail. I want to make plans to go to India in early Feb but this uncertainity is just irritating.
Bobsmith, Vorpal, do you have any opinion on these two different responses- to me and ncgirl?

Last edited by a moderator:
ncgirl,
Just to let you know that I have received my interview letter which is scheduled for
27th Jan 09. I have not seen it personally as I am still out of my city, but someone who is checking my mail has seen and read it for me. So you too should be expecting in another 4 weeks or so. Best of Luck!

Yayyyyy RSRK!!!!!!

I am so so excited for you about this news.I am glad you have received your interview letter!!!This is awesome!!!What a nice gift for the new year lol..

I have been calm and I know the letter will come in due course...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!