Outstanding Rsearcher and EAD, SSN

stretto2

One of my friends wants to apply for OR. Is it true that once she file the applications (I-140, I-485, EAD, AP) concurrently, she can get approved EAD and AP three months after filing? According to her lawyer, she can apply SSN for her husband and kid once they have EADs. Is this correct? If this is true, what will happen if her I-140 is denied? Will the SSN still be valid?

Thanks for the help.

stretto2 said:
One of my friends wants to apply for OR. Is it true that once she file the applications (I-140, I-485, EAD, AP) concurrently, she can get approved EAD and AP three months after filing?
- yes approx 3 months based on CSC service center, also provided that there are no RFEs
According to her lawyer, she can apply SSN for her husband and kid once they have EADs.
- yes they can apply for SSN (small kids may not get EADs)
Is this correct? If this is true, what will happen if her I-140 is denied? Will the SSN still be valid?
- IF 140 is denied then SSN will not become invalid, SSN will be validd for life. All the EADs and APs will get cancelled automatically if 140 is denied

Thanks for the help.

Thanks a lot. :)

One more question: According to my friend, if your kid does not have a SSN (H4 holder), he/she will be treated as an international student when applying for college. This will mean more competition and less acceptance rate. Is this true? :confused:

What happenes to EAD/AP if I140 is approved due to MTR after it was DENIED initially. I am in a situatation where my I140 was denied now it is approved after MTR , My I485 is still pending , Can I used EAD or AP