Outlook for FY2007

michael_holding said:
dude UN is from pakistan...what else you can expect...ofcourse he is pissed @indians for stealing "HIS" green card, never mind the fact that it's an american who is sitting there and make the decisions of who should get and who should not.

michael_holding, i object to your wordings. all immigrants including indians visiting this portal are benifitting heavily from unitednations postings. there's no doubt about it. if i suggested to him to be careful with his wordings, i would suggest you too to not get carried away. we don't want to start anything unnecessary here. peace, please.

saras76 said:
AGC4ME,

Visas are only issued upon the actual approval of a 485. The system would probably work better if visas were alloted upon the filing of a 485. This would make the system a bit more stream-lined because the number of filings would directly correspond to the number of visas. This proposition has its own problems because it will diminsh the number of visas very quickly and a lot of people would not be able to apply for their GCs. They probably do not allot visas upon receipt of 485 applications because of the uncertain and inconsistent time of processing. Also there is always a chance of the application being rejected but this is a small concern because the visa alloted to a rejected case can be put back into the system.

regards,

saras

saras there was a typo in my post. I should have said that the document reflects 485 approvals and not filings. This will reinforce the original posters rebuttal of UnitedNation's statement that India stole visa numbers in FY2005. It appears that the number of approvals from India was well within the allowed numbers even when most of the categories were current for most of the months.

talli sagoo said:
michael_holding, i object to your wordings. all immigrants including indians visiting this portal are benifitting heavily from unitednations postings. there's no doubt about it. if i suggested to him to be careful with his wordings, i would suggest you too to not get carried away. we don't want to start anything unnecessary here. peace, please.

talli...i am not starting anything, while i do know that UN helps everyone here , but he is human too. are you telling me he cannot have his prejudices??
obviously he said something that shows that he indeed has some prejudices...whether he sugar coated it or not does not in anyway reduce the absurdity of such accusation. i wonder how a person who knows so much about how USCIS works come up with a stupid statement like that. if he has grouse against visa numbers allocated to indians maybe he should blame USCIS or take it up to the USCIS authorities instead of accusing Indians of stealing. I am offended and demand an apology, will UN be man enough to apologize?
plus this is not the first time he has said this. i have read it before and chose not to respond. its not UN's green card, its not your GC and certainly its not my GC, its america's GC to give. we are all same beggars in the queue. no one is entitled to anything. so the question of stealing comes into picture on things that you own. if you don't own a thing, how is it stealing?

so i called him out. i think you can chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
unitednations said:
A couple of years ago; some knuckleheads from Pakistan did a couple of inflammatory postings; somehow it was pointed to me that I didn't admonish them (posting was modifed to include the inflammatory comments from moderator), after I read the posting.

90% of the people I have discussed with regarding rfe's, denials, ability to pay issues are people from Hyderabad (I need to learn Telegu - haven't been able to say anything other then "tell me"; still I don't say it properly in telegu). The other 8% are from Delhi and 2% from China.

My wife is Hindu and my sister in law is from Chennai (I only feel the need to say this before people start under this path again).

"stole" was incorrect wording. However, there are enough postings from people on these forums that think uscis/dos are against South Asians (India, specifically). However, USCIS/DOS did allocate too much. I'm just pointing to the fact that India did get benefit last year at the expense of other countries.
UN, its Telugu not telegu
You are helping lot of people ,keep up the good work

that is fine with me. "stole" might be incorrectly put. a lot posters who believe in conspiracy theories that USCIS out to get people from India, obviously does not know how USCIS works or have not been reading much about immigration to america...so i would consider their opinions as mere frustrations.
i firmly believe that distribution of visa numbers should be revisited and certainly does not reflect the market realities...if more labor petitions are filed by indian nationals, then either make 7% limit mandatory on labor filings or give more % to india, china and mexico...i am sure USCIS has computers and forecasting tools and modern software to come up with some numbers that satisfies the majority and works for everyone of us.
the present system is flawed.

michael_holding said:
that is fine with me. "stole" might be incorrectly put. a lot posters who believe in conspiracy theories that USCIS out to get people from India, obviously does not know how USCIS works or have not been reading much about immigration to america...so i would consider their opinions as mere frustrations.
i firmly believe that distribution of visa numbers should be revisited and certainly does not reflect the market realities...if more labor petitions are filed by indian nationals, then either make 7% limit mandatory on labor filings or give more % to india, china and mexico...i am sure USCIS has computers and forecasting tools and modern software to come up with some numbers that satisfies the majority and works for everyone of us.
the present system is flawed.

UN. If they are from Hyderabad, urdu is fine. You don't need to learn Telugu.

AGC4ME said:
can_card the title of the document says "IMMIGRANT VISAS ISSUES AND ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS...... FY2005" which implies that it includes I-485 filings ? Immigrant visas are not issued at the time of filing but at a later stage am I right ?
The PDF file from state department is APPROVED 485s in FY 2005 not applied or pending.

The bottom line is EB3-ROW is enjoying in the expense of EB2,, (free ride :)) , not only this year. It is happening since 2005.

Another point. 7% is not a quota. It is minimum. In the same bulliton it says "This limitation is not a quota to which any particular country is entitled, however. The per-country limitation serves to avoid monopolization of virtually all the visa numbers by applicants from only a few countries". If no single guy belongs to ROW or China EB2 filed 485 in a year, and 40,000 Indians applied 485, then DOS must issue all 40,000 EB2 visas to Indians. That is why law "Removal of country quota in EB catagories" is added to INA.

If you analyze very closely, if DOS allocate unused visas to oversubscribed conutries at the end of every three months (exactly as per law), the retrogressin will be very uniform between oversubscribed countries and ROW. So, ROW is enjoying too much.

Another point, DOS can not suspend AC21 law as per their wish or anticipation. Removal of per country quota in EB catagoriesis a ENFORCEABLE LAW. They can not suspend or hold it for one year and enforce it for other year.

Dates progression

unitednations said:
That can only come with law change.

From everything I've seen; ROW eb3 should move very fast. Not many people from other countries come here on H-1b (dominated by the two most populated countries).

Many of the people in eb3 other then retrogressed countries were status violators who were taking benefit of 245i. That is why there has been fast movement.

We are at a unique time in employment base history. Once the mountain of the 245i's get clered then things should turn back to normal. Key question is when is this mountain going to be conquered.

UN,
What is your best guess regarding the dates moving beyond April 2001 for EB3-India?

Thanks in advance.

PERMUser said:
You are a charm to this portal. Please continue your good work.

i SECOND THIS......UN dont pay attention to detractors.....keep up the good work...

people are frustrated because they did not get something.....(i do agree that i am not frustrated maybe because i got it....)......but humans are pathetic.......instead of making a plan B and Plan C, so that they can get out of this misery.........they just keep praying that they will get this coveted green card.......and they will keep cribbing...

i do understand that most of these people are in such a condition that if they dont get green card and move back to their home country their lifestyle almost takes a nose dive..........because i am in a similar boat if i dont get my GC (with help of EB1 of course)........i dont like to relocate and readjust again....after spending 5-6 years in this country....

i know i will be flamed for this comment.....but i have been flamed, for speaking my mind which happened to be the bitter truth, in the past......

writing is clear on the wall, floor and ceiling.......read it and redefine your life..........else keep suffering in this hell of uscis's creation.....

yes its not fair that huge countries have small quota......but its also not fair if millions come and dominate and change america or any other country....

Clarification?

unitednations said:
2,800 greencards including dependents. Not very much room. This year they would have only given out 2,800 and it hasn't reached 2001 yet.

A lot of the people from India who were 245i did get sent to local office interview in 2004 and 2005. They haven't got greencard yet because visas weren't available at that time and still aren't available. Slight movement to end of april 2001 would cause a lot of approvals and absorption of greencards.

I would forget about india eb3 until eb3 row is current. eb3 row is dependent on unused visas from eb1 and eb2 row. Those two categories won't retrogress.

What do you exactly mean by "...and it hasn't reached 2001 yet"?
The visa dates for EB3 (India) are April 22, 2001. So visas for everyone with PDs before 04/22/01 should be available, isn't it?

Thanks.

April 2001

RAYDHAN said:
What do you exactly mean by "...and it hasn't reached 2001 yet"?
The visa dates for EB3 (India) are April 22, 2001. So visas for everyone with PDs before 04/22/01 should be available, isn't it?

Thanks.

RAYDHAN,

With India EB3 dates being in April for over 3 months in fiscal year '06 2800 (1400 if you take into account dependents) should have been used up quickly. I think most of the April 245i's from India have not yet made it to the 485 stage otherwise visa numbers from '06 would have become unavailable really quickly. I don't see any other explaination.

regards,

saras

Saras i would like to differ with you on this one........why not go with the assumption that since we do not know (and i think even uscis do not know...)......that means........lets assume that USCIS is not wasting the visa number (good faith)........that means they are getting application/approving application at the rate of 1400/year.........and the demand is such that they are having to keep the date floating around april 2001....

but the most scary thing is that what if there are 5000 applications of 245i from india....around april 2001........that will screw things for couple of years for EB3-india...

Postings ...

michael_holding said:
talli...i am not starting anything, while i do know that UN helps everyone here , but he is human too. are you telling me he cannot have his prejudices??
obviously he said something that shows that he indeed has some prejudices...whether he sugar coated it or not does not in anyway reduce the absurdity of such accusation. i wonder how a person who knows so much about how USCIS works come up with a stupid statement like that. if he has grouse against visa numbers allocated to indians maybe he should blame USCIS or take it up to the USCIS authorities instead of accusing Indians of stealing. I am offended and demand an apology, will UN be man enough to apologize?
plus this is not the first time he has said this. i have read it before and chose not to respond. its not UN's green card, its not your GC and certainly its not my GC, its america's GC to give. we are all same beggars in the queue. no one is entitled to anything. so the question of stealing comes into picture on things that you own. if you don't own a thing, how is it stealing?

so i called him out. i think you can chill.

michael_holding,

UN usually posts brutally honest posts (atleast he firmly believes in his posts) and rubs a lot of people the wrong way. He has his own style and his own outlook that does not go down well with everyone. I have gotten into spats with him but they have been more about brashness. That being said, I think we should not let our nationalities create divides in this forum. We are all immigrants first and Indians, Pakistanis, Mexicans later.

regards,

saras

Straighten me out

unitednations said:
2,800 greencards including dependents. Not very much room. This year they would have only given out 2,800 and it hasn't reached 2001 yet.

A lot of the people from India who were 245i did get sent to local office interview in 2004 and 2005. They haven't got greencard yet because visas weren't available at that time and still aren't available. Slight movement to end of april 2001 would cause a lot of approvals and absorption of greencards.

I would forget about india eb3 until eb3 row is current. eb3 row is dependent on unused visas from eb1 and eb2 row. Those two categories won't retrogress.

Pardon my ignorance.

So if I'm reading this right.

Unused visa from EB1 ROW will go to EB2 ROW. And unused numbers from EB2 ROW along with the unused EB1 ROW will go to EB3 ROW?

And this is even if EB2 for India/China is retrogressed? Or is it only since EB total for India/China is more then 7%?

We will know for sure in Jan

techy2468 said:
Saras i would like to differ with you on this one........why not go with the assumption that since we do not know (and i think even uscis do not know...)......that means........lets assume that USCIS is not wasting the visa number (good faith)........that means they are getting application/approving application at the rate of 1400/year.........and the demand is such that they are having to keep the date floating around april 2001....

but the most scary thing is that what if there are 5000 applications of 245i from india....around april 2001........that will screw things for couple of years for EB3-india...

techy,

I am not stating that there is a consipracy against Indians. I am just stating that the projected demand is not keeping up with the demand on the field because the PD dates are being determined by the number of backlogged labors and those labors are only now getting approved. If the demand is being projected by the number of pending India EB3 485s then there is no way that 1400 visas could not have been used between Jan 98-April 01 during the entire fiscal year '06. This is not a conspiracy, it is just the nature of this process as I see it. No one can prove anything at this point. Once the Visa usage report for '06 comes out in Jan there will be no doubts. My assertions maybe wrong but at this point they are just as valid as anyone elses.

What is for sure is that the situation for EB3 India will get worse before it gets better.

As for having faith in these agencies. I do not have any faith at all. I firmly believe that they are capable of anything and everything and that is why i keep my mind open to EVERY possibility. Some people see this as conspiracy theory mongering but its not. Unless there is written proof that comes straight from the DOS and USCIS via an offical report to Congress, I tend not to believe any of their informal updates (whether positive or negative). Its just my nature.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
michael_holding,

UN usually posts brutally honest posts (atleast he firmly believes in his posts) and rubs a lot of people the wrong way. He has his own style and his own outlook that does not go down well with everyone. I have gotten into spats with him but they have been more about brashness. That being said, I think we should not let our nationalities create divides in this forum. We are all immigrants first and Indians, Pakistanis, Mexicans later.

regards,

saras

i had an issue with the statement and not with the poster. that is it. personally i believe speaking your mind should not be confused with speaking the truth.

Unfortunate

saras76 said:
RAYDHAN,

With India EB3 dates being in April for over 3 months in fiscal year '06 2800 (1400 if you take into account dependents) should have been used up quickly. I think most of the April 245i's from India have not yet made it to the 485 stage otherwise visa numbers from '06 would have become unavailable really quickly. I don't see any other explaination.

regards,

saras

saras,
So, what you're saying is that the visa dates for EB3 (India) will swing back and forth in April 2001 depending on the approvals from DOL. Is that right?

It will stay in April '01

RAYDHAN said:
saras,
So, what you're saying is that the visa dates for EB3 (India) will swing back and forth in April 2001 depending on the approvals from DOL. Is that right?

RAYDHAN,

Yes, India EB3 will probably keep swinging in April '01 for the foreseeable future. Only a change in the law can probably help us at this point.

regards,

saras

Well said ...

michael_holding said:
i had an issue with the statement and not with the poster. that is it. personally i believe speaking your mind should not be confused with speaking the truth.

michael_holding,

I totally agree with the last part. Cheers mate.

saras