Out of status?

Priya11

I and my husband came to US in April2001, and i was having H4 and my husband H1.I applied for H1 in Oct 2005 and i applied for ssn in Feb 2006 and just got my ssn.I don't have any job till now and never worked.Now my husband's company is applying for his H1 extension is it okay if i also get extension of my H4.Can i maintain 2 visas as i m not sure for how long it will take me to find a job.incase i don't find a job after how much time period my h1 visa cancels.
Also,since i will be completing 6yrs in 2007 if my husband's company aplies for his 1 yr extension of H1.Can i also continue my h1 or will i have to come back again on H4.
Am i out of status right now as i have H1 since oct 2005 but no job but got my ssn just yesterday.

1. By INS, having H1 and not having pay stub from Oct 2005, you are out of status in H1.
2. Better change your visa to H4 once again and get extn along with your husband. But you may not eligible to get further H1, since you have consumed your 6 years in H visa.

Priya11 said:
I and my husband came to US in April2001, and i was having H4 and my husband H1.I applied for H1 in Oct 2005 and i applied for ssn in Feb 2006 and just got my ssn.I don't have any job till now and never worked.Now my husband's company is applying for his H1 extension is it okay if i also get extension of my H4.Can i maintain 2 visas as i m not sure for how long it will take me to find a job.incase i don't find a job after how much time period my h1 visa cancels.
Also,since i will be completing 6yrs in 2007 if my husband's company aplies for his 1 yr extension of H1.Can i also continue my h1 or will i have to come back again on H4.
Am i out of status right now as i have H1 since oct 2005 but no job but got my ssn just yesterday.

Pls reply ASAP

If i manage to get 2-3 pay stubs say of $1000 per month.I mean to say i want to continue on my H1 and try to find a job..is it possible?

out of status

Hi great guru
I changed from H4 to H1 in october 2005. During that time i was in interview process with another company.

Thats a better offer. So I havent worked for the previous company.

Second company applied for my H1 in Decmber. Igot it approved in March. Now I have to go for stamping.

So am I eligible to go to Mexico for visa stamping.

Thanks

Your pay stub must match with H1 LCA wages

Priya11 said:
If i manage to get 2-3 pay stubs say of $1000 per month.I mean to say i want to continue on my H1 and try to find a job..is it possible?