out of F1 status due to university mistake

anilthumma

Registered Users (C)
I dont know whether its my fate or my bad luck or wat not....here i put my problem nad kindly reply me as soon as possible . any kind of suggestions are welcome.

i am an F1 student. i got transferred to another university after my first semester at another university. well everything went on well. but when i got my new I-20 from the transfered university my International Student advisor put a wrong date on it. she put my program completion date as 05/05 , but actually it should be 05/06. i immediately recognised that mistake and pointed that to her. she realised the mistake done, and made the correction on my I20. she put a remark as " the student program completion date has been printed wrongly . the actual program completion date is 05/06". my I20 also states that my program takes 24 months to complete. i transfered to that univ and i got my I20 on 05/04. so that was a typing mistake there. well she told me that she even updated the date on my SEVIS. i cross checked with her almost 4 times whether she updated my SEVIS or not. she said "YES"

coming to the main problem now. i registered for only one course for Fall 2005 because i was left with only one course to get graduated. i had to report this to my International Student Avisor so that she can update my SEVIS. to my surprise she called me and said that i am out of status now . my status is out on 05/05 itself. it was a shock of my life and i am in depression . i didnt do any mistake . because of her mistake i have to suffer. she just said she was sorry for that and now i neeed to apply for my Reinstatement. my 90 days buffer is also over by now. i just came to know about it yesterday. what should i do now?.

My I20 clearly stated that the program end date is typed wrongly. and that it has been corrected to 05/06. so where did the mistake go?. she was not giving me a proper explanation (because its her fault) and i am not convinced. so i can apply for my reinstatement. but i got so many questions.

how long will that take ?.
whats this period called now ?. (from may 05 until i get reinstated)
Will i get any query while i am processing my H1.
Can i travel in-and out of the country ?. how risky is that?.
what documentation do i need to take from the university in order to convince anyone in future that it was not my fault being out of status?

an mnay more questions and coming up. really upset about it . no one is giving me any information regarding it.

kindly reply me and thank you all for taking some time to read my problem.kindly reply me if anyone have seen such kind of problem.

Thank you all once again.....

do you have the I-20 on which it states that the date of completion was entered wrong? If thats the case, get a lawyer and sue the university for the trouble you are in because of that.

I suggest you to talk to your friends in some other university and ask them to check with their ISA about your situation, you might get some insight on what you can do.