Our Turn Finally

mr_optimist

Registered Users (C)
My and My wife's case was approved today in the Past hour according to on line status. Also got 4 emails.

No RFE
Same Employer for the Past 6 years

GC_09_2003 said:
Congrats.

Any reason this case is pending since FEB 2001?

My Priority Date for 485 is Feb 21 2001 . That is when the labour cert was filed. It was approved in October 2001 and was sent to my lawyers old address (even though the application had the new address). We never received the labout cert. Talked to DOL for a duplicate and they would not send one. They said that I can file my I-140 with out the LC and explain the situationto INS and they will request one that would be Isssued by DOL. My lawyer filed -140 asking INS to request the Labout Cert from DOL in December 2001. My I-140 was denied in May 2002 on the basis of No Labour Cert. My lawyers filed a motion to open the case back pointing to the document that LC should be requested from DOL. I-140 was reopened in July 2002. The coucurrent filing rule went in effect around the same time, so I filed for 485 in October 2002. My 140 was Approved in Jan 2003.

so that is the long version

kannav32 said:
Congratulations!

:) :) :) :) :)

Any idea why your case was pending for so long?

Well I am From Middle east and Have a Very Common Name so that might have anything to do with that

Last edited by a moderator: