Our Interview Experience

ic_atnyc

We were married on July 2nd in Vegas and we had lawyer who filed all the papers by 20th of July. We got our notice for FP for late August. We also got a request for additional tax documents (W-2s) for my wife on 9/20. My EAD arrived 10/22 along with an interview notice for 11/16.

We arrived at the interview (Newark - Fed Bldg) about 30 mins early but quickly realized that the queue was already running an hour late. We were eventually delayed by 45 mins past our scheduled time when a lady called our name and let us into her cabin.

We were initially sworn to truth and then IO started with simple questions like our names, professions and family backgrounds. She checked our ID, documents etc and found them satisfactory. She then proceeded to ask me "national security" questions which were all a "no" for me. She enquired about how we met - we had met on eharmony and why we chose Vegas for marriage. We answered these with warmth and ease and she said that she trusted us and was going to approve my case. My passport was stamped and she also advised me and my wife to get the "conditionality" removed in 22-24 months.

I was advised that I would get a welcome mail and a green card in a few weeks time. We did not have a lawyer with us although quite a few were present for other cases.

Good luck to all !! Many thanks for keeping this forum so helpful and informative.

IC

Last edited by a moderator: