Our AOS interview in NEWARK NJ today

someitguy

Registered Users (C)
Appointment was for 1PM so we arrived at 12:30 to be on the safe side. Handed the appt. letter throught the window and proceeded to wait. Let me mention that the place was PACKED, I'd guess minimum 75 people or more.
So we waited, and waited, and at 2:00 I ran down to put more change in the parking meter. When I got back up, I asked at the window if they call folks in order of arrival because several people who got there way after us were done already.. she answered that you are assigned an officer and when it's your turn, they will call you. SWELL :)

At 2:50 we were called in, raise the right hand and sworn in. " you swear to tell the truth? " yea. OK, let's proceed.

Needless to say, I've had time to prepare, so I brought the kitchen sink ;)
He saw the pile and said, ok hold up with all that... He specifically asked me who's baby we had there, and I said 'Ours." He said do you have the birth cert? I said original or copy, he said both. I gave him both, he handed back the original. He then asked to see our original marriage cert, even though he had a copy in his hand, then handed it back. Then he asked to see both of our divorce papers originals, then handed them back. After that he was typing and asked how we met, I BRIEFLY metioned that we met online 5 years ago while playing a pc game :) He remarked that was interesting and said that at this time he cannot approve us.

My jaw hit the floor.

Apparently the Dr. who filled out the 693 forgot to check the box that says no maladies, so he issued an RFE right there on the spot. The good news is, he said rather then mailing it in, "since you are approved once I get that" you can just bring it in, ask for me, and I'll stamp your passport :)

Smooth as pie, what a relief... took 7 minutes total.

Drove to see the Dr. who was closed, so I'm going in the AM to get that fixed, then back to Newark to present it and get her Passport stamped.

Woohoo, done for now:)

Patty, Ari4u, lil_brit, singsmiles, runnin_swede, blondy and goodvibes-and everyone else who I failed to mention -- thanks for all the info and moral support :)

Hopefully you will get through this little hurdle too. Keep us posted if the IO gave you the stamp tomorrow.

Congratulations in Advance, looks like your name check has come through. That must be a relief.

Someit - CONGRATULATIONS !!

Sounds like it went smoothly, except for your mild heart attack during interview (nice time to get an RFE ! ) but am very happy for you !! ENJOY your new "life" and stick around to talk to the rest of us ! :)

Congratulations

My AOS Interview will be next tuesday,hopely we will be ok. we also have 19 months old baby and have to come with us.

Congrats,

Ran to the Dr, got the box checked and they resealed it in an envelope.
Took it in, he opened the envelope, asked for my wifes passport, stamped
it for 1 year, and said the card will be in the mail.

Woohoo :)

Thanks again all!

someitguy said:

Thanks again all!

Congratulations. See you in 1 year and 9 months!
It's nice to see that there are nice officers...

someitguy said:

Thanks again all!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)