Our AOS Interview Experience today in Tampa DO

flman95

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:

As promised, this morning we had our interview set for early in the morning and we arrived there about 45 mins ahead of our scheduled time. In Tampa DO, they allow to bring Cell phones, but you can either turn them off or put to vibrate. Well, we were called in about half an hour early of the scheduled time..they called my name and me and my wife got up from our chairs, the Officer asked my wife to come first. I was little panick..although there was no reason to panick at all. About after 8-10 mins, the officer came back and asked me to follow him to his office. I was so happy and relieved to see my wife there. :)
Once, I was there, he asked me to swear and first thing he asked me to provide him the I-94 and my passport. He also wanted to see my very first passport with Original Visa on it. After a while he asked me to provide him our employment letters as well as the documents with both of our named on it. I gave him the Joint land phone bill, joint cell phone bill, joint insurance..etc. About six different. Although, I had many more, he said with smile..that is enough! By the way, earlier he also asked for last 3 years of w-2 and 1040 starting with the tax year 2004. He looked every document very care fully and documented all that we provided him to my File. He double checked everything again and he asked me the standard q's like if I have ever been for deportation, criminal..etc....all answer was 'No'! Then, he told me that he has every reason to approve the Petition (he looked at my wife) and the I-485 (he looked at me). Then he says, "but, there is a slightly little problem". He said my Finger Printing has expired and that I need to redo it. He told me that it expires after 15 months. I told him that I had it done this year on March 4th. He says some time, it gets lost..then he rephrased and said that it is not in the system yet. He said he will expedite the Letter to do the finger priting asap (tomm), and as soon as he gets it, he will issue me a Green Card. He said once I receive the letter from INS, either I can make a INFOPASS and go to the DO's to get passport stamp or wait a week to get the actual card in mail. He told me that it takes just about a week to get the card in the mail.
He did not ask to see any of our 4000 pictures and all other documents that we had prepared for last many months but it was fun to provide him what he wanted. He was very impressed!!
Once, we got in the car, I asked my wife what kind of Q's did he ask her and she said, the officer first tried to intimidate her by asking that certain papers were never filled...any my wife replied...well..if that is the case then we would have never made this far. Let me tell you..this is my wife!! After that he asked my wife if she ever crossed her mind that the marriage is all about green card....followed by other q's like if I was ever deported, criminal records for me..etc...also asked her if she has met my family and where do my family live. Also, he asked her if we share the same address.
Well, that is our experience in a big picture. Right now, I really can not recall all the experience but if you have any q's or concerns I will be very happy to answer.
My q's is has any body been in my situation? If so, what is the time line or the process?? As far as I am concerned, I think I am expecting a letter by the end of this week, and get a Finger printing done asap and have them sent it to the DO or where ever it goes so that the final formalities can be done.
Today is also our 2nd years of wedding anniversary and we celebrated by going to a nice dinner and to the movie (war of the worlds). We are very confident that we will get our approval and card in the mail asap if not this is just a matter of time. Honestly, I am little dissapointed but at the same time very grateful for the opportunity and very proud to my wife for being so couregeous, brave, smart, and supporting. Kudos to her!!
Take care and if you have any thing to share please feel free to share.

Thank you.

congrats

Congratulations flman95!

You made it with no name-chack issue!

I just have a couple of quick questions... Did he give you conditional or unconditional green card approval? And when was your I485 notice date?

Thanks,
-Crusher

Thank you

You know I did not ask. But, since today is our second wedding annivesary, I'd like to assume that it is 'Unconditional'. Thank you for reading.
My Notice date for I-485: April 28, 2005.

Good Luck!

We wish you all the best. All will be well and please come back to share your experience.
We appreciate it. Thank you.

Thank you Jane

Jane,

Welcome back. I think you are back to US from Europe, right? Welcome back!

Well, today I received a letter from Tampa DO about the Fingerprint and I will be going there tomm first thing in the morning. I am hoping that I soon will get my green cards in the mail.

Take care: