Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Today was our interview appointment (wife and myself). We arrived 30 min before interview appointment hour. Called 15 min after the appointment hour. Very simple interview. No issues, nice lady. Almost two hour wait for the oath letter. Not more than 10 people in a very large waiting room.

We went through the application, updated my travel dates and took the Civics and English tests.

Same situation for my wife. No issues.

Applying for the passport on Monday at the expedited service center in Miami. Should have the passport the next day.

This process has finally ended after 11 years 7 months 3 days.

finally a us citizen...

it took five months and 19 days. took oath today. Applied for us passport will get it on Tuesday. This forum helped a lot keep it up all of u.
PD: MAY 7
FP: JUNE 16
INTERVIEW:1 ST OCTOBER
OATH : 26 OCTOBER

In trying to speed things up, we traveled to Miami to apply for the US passports and taking advantage of the expedited service. To make a long story short, my wife’s passport was issued the same day. Mine was delayed for three very long days. No reasons given. About five other individuals were on the same boat. Not really sure why or what happened. All I know is that now I have my passport.

Good luck on your applications, and please provide feedback to this webpage on your experiences. It is invaluable for others.

Thank you and good by.

Help on rescheduling Interview..

I just checked my online status and it says that interview was scheduled on Nov 2nd, 2012 and IL is on its way. Never got an email or text even though I am subscribed.

I am expecting the interview date to be sometime in December, probably 2nd week. Reason being a friend of mine with same day FP(same DO, same PD, same Inline for Interview Date, scheduled - 11/1) got Interview date of Dec 11th.

Now, here is the issue. I will be travelling to India for 3 weeks starting early Dec. The trip was planned in July after FP thinking I will be done with the process by now.

What are my options? I checked my friend's IL and nowhere it mentions anything about re-scheduling interview. Has anybody rescheduled Interview? What is the process?
Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

DO - Orlando, FL
----------------
PD - June 25th
FP - July 24th
Inline for Interview - July 26th
Scheduled for Interview - Nov 2nd

Recvd IL..

I received my IL on Nov 9th for Interview on Dec 12th. Will send a letter to USCIS to reschedule the interview since I won't be in US at that time. Will let you know once I hear back from USCIS.

02/14/13 (0): N-400 mailed to Dallas, TX
02/18/13 (4): N-400 delivered
02/22/13 (8): Check cashed
02/22/13 (8): Email notification (case number)

//: NOA received
//: FP notice received
//: FP done
//: In line for interview scheduling
//: Interview scheduled
//: Interview done
//: Oath scheduling que
//: Oath letter received
//: Oath Ceremony
//: Applied for Passport
//: Received Passport

New Jersey SEO Company

Impact Internet Marketing is a New Jersey Internet Marketing and Philadelphia SEO Company and a South Jersey Web Design Agency, with 12 years Internet Marketing experience.

showing on web page Im in line for interview schedule. Wife applying same time is not yet showing her in line.
i figure I have about 3 months to wait for interview.

02/21/13: N-400 Application mailed to Texas
02/25/13: N-400 Application delivered
03/01/13: uscis cashed check
03/07/13: FP notice recd
03/18/13: FP Done in Orlando
03/22/13 In line for Interview Schedule
XX/XX/13: Interview Scheduled
XX/XX/13: Interview Done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

showing on web page Im in line for interview schedule. Wife applying same time is not yet showing her in line.
i figure I have about 3 months to wait for interview.

Why do you think it will take three months?
Thanks

Well I don't really know I just looked at how long seemed to be taking for others. Do you think it will be longer?

I hope it won't be longer. Hopefully by May we will receive the IL.
Processing time is 7.3 months now, two months longer than the national average...

From Orlando Sentinel:

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invites the public to attend a community open house on Saturday, March 30, at the USCIS Orlando office. Attendees will learn more about USCIS’ immigration programs and day-to-day work by speaking with local staff.

Information will be given out about obtaining a “green card” for permanent residency, avoiding immigration fraud, and applying for naturalization, including a mock interview and free test preparation materials. Spanish-speaking officers will be present.

This event is part of a series of open houses USCIS is hosting in its offices across the country to enhance the agency’s presence in the community and strengthen its partnership with stakeholders. If you want to share this information in Spanish, click here.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m

USCIS Orlando Field Office

6680 Corporate Centre Blvd.

Orlando, FL 32822"

Green Card about to expire so applied for renewal and N-400.

From Orlando.
PR Original eff. date: June 04th 2003
Expired date: August 1st 2013.
applied for renewal just to make sure on 03/12/2013,
got the FP for renewal on 03/22/2013,
03/25/2013 walkin for FP done.
since its an extension they put a sticker back of my existing PR with a new expiry date as Dec' 2013.
expecting my new PR with 10 year extension any day. not sure but since now i have a new expiry date which is over 6 months prepared N-400 application and submitted N-400 on 03/29/2013. Now the question is once i received the NEW PR for the next 10 years do I have to send a copy ??? or wait for the interview and show if they ask for the new card.

03/29/13: N-400 Application mailed to Texas
04/02/13: Application delivery date.
04/05/13: uscis cashed check
04/13/13: FP notice received
04/16/13: FP walkin done.
04/19/13: In line for Interview Schedule
06/03/13: received SMS/email for interview date
06/06/13: received letter by USPS for interview date
07/12/13: Interview scheduled
XX/XX/13: Interview done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Last edited by a moderator:
Made infopass appointment in Orlando for next Thursday to ask if I need to renew my GC sure would like to save to money if I could.

Saw in another forum a February filer that got the interview scheduled email yesterday, so it seems that things are moving faster.

Made infopass appointment in Orlando for next Thursday to ask if I need to renew my GC sure would like to save to money if I could.

Did you get any suggestion there? Orlando is moving faster now, I guess you will receive your IL in the coming days.

Good luck!