Originals asked in I-140 RFE

microdev1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My attorney says that USCIS has asked for original degree certificate and original official transcript for my education verification. Morever, USCIS also needs address and contact phone number of college in India so that they can verify my originals. Is this common to ask ?
But I know one of my friend has not got his originals back from USCIS since many many months. Don't know what is going to happen to my originals.

And I also asked if they need my W2s etc... but nothing like that..
But my company has got ability to pay RFE.

I also have I-485 RFE. They have asked for my birth certificate. But I already submitted that... I can give it again, but it's bit frustrating....

EB3 - subtitute labor (filed in SESA on Sept'99)
I-140 - 03March'2004.
I-485 - 23March'2004

One last question - If my RFE is submitted after Dec'2004, will I suffer due to
EB3 retrogression ? I am still not sure about my actual PD due to substitute case.

I had a look at I-140 RFE today. USCIS has asked for ability to pay proof since September'99 (PD of substitute labor). So it may point that PD for a substitute labor is not actually the date when I-140 was filed.
Any clarifications in this area.

Also, they haven't asked for my W2s at all. I have seen that it is a very common to ask for W2s. Most of the RFEs have this on it.
Does this mean that I can expect another RFE where they ask for my W2s ?

microdev1 said:
I had a look at I-140 RFE today. USCIS has asked for ability to pay proof since September'99 (PD of substitute labor). So it may point that PD for a substitute labor is not actually the date when I-140 was filed.

Also, they haven't asked for my W2s at all. I have seen that it is a very common to ask for W2s. Most of the RFEs have this on it.
Does this mean that I can expect another RFE where they ask for my W2s ?

I believe the chance of you getting another RFE may high. It happened in my case, I had two RFEs, 1st one no W2 and it took 9 months for them to send 2nd RFE. They even asked something in 2nd RFE that had been provided in the 1st one. I don't know if they intentionly do this or just missed in the 1st one. For your information my sponsor company by that time only had 5 people and it is very shaky, I always believe that may be the reason. They want to see if the company is still exist after 9 months.

microdev1 said:

Does this mean that I can expect another RFE where they ask for my W2s ?n
I had 1 RFE on my case, but was not asked for W2's, it was ability to pay and educational transcript.

hate140delay, your RFE seems same as mine.
Good to know that you did not get 2nd RFE.

But I really want to avoid that possibilty.
I asked my attorney if they can submit my W2s as well, even if USCIS hasn't asked for it. But according to him, he does not want to submit anything which is not asked for. My all W2s are well above the required amount in labor and I see no harm in submitting them. But he is not willing to do so.

I wanted to do the same thing with my RFE for companies ability to pay, all they had asked for was companies 2002 tax returns, and I urged my attorney to submit more than that like bank statements, annual reports, etc. Why not, its just extra, it will not hurt us.
But his advice was to submit only those articles which are asked and nothing more or nothing less. His theory was, if we submit more that what is asked, it shows a weakness on our side, also, in the additional documents they could find an issue with something else and issue another RFE or deny it. So my advice is go with what your attorney says, they have more experience and have answered more RFE's then we have thought of.