Original US passport with PIO application at Chicago

sandypatel101

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I am applying for PIO at chicago consulate office via mail. I am going to mail notarized copy of first and last two pages of US passport. But do I have to send original US passport with application?

Instruction on chicago consulate says that we have to send original US passport along with notarized copy. But instruction page on PIO application form itself, says that you send only notarized copies.

If anyone knows or have any experience with PIO, I really appreciate your input.

Thanks.

I think I had seen some other person posting what s/he did in this forum. Instead of waiting , you might use the "search" facility

Last edited by a moderator:
I called chicago consulate office. Luckily I was able to connect after long try. They informed that original US passport is required if it has Indian visa. If US passport does not have Indian visa, then you send notarized copies of the US Passport. So, I mailed them notarized copies.

Applying PIO

I called chicago consulate office. Luckily I was able to connect after long try. They informed that original US passport is required if it has Indian visa. If US passport does not have Indian visa, then you send notarized copies of the US Passport. So, I mailed them notarized copies.

I am planning to apply for the PIO card for my son. My understanding is that you need to send the original US passport at the time of application for PIO card. When you say notarized copies then does that mean, you sign it yourself saying "This is a true copy of the original" or do we go to a bank and get the copies notarized as true copies?

Thanks
Vivek