Original I-94 required for B2 extension

dowlu

Registered Users (C)
As per form I-539 instructions, original I-94 has to be submitted along with the application for B2 extension.

What happens if we don't receive the approval on time and
one has to leave the country ? Without I-94, is there any problem at the airport ? Normally, the airline takes the I-94 from the passenger when issuing the boarding pass.

Any one recently applied for I-94 extension related to B-2 visitor visa ? How long did it take to get the approval / denial ?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated..

I had submitted a B-2 extension for my mother at NSC during the first week of February. In the packet, I had sent the original I-94 (kept copies for self), cofirmation of return ticket, I-539 details. Received her extension yesterday until 9/12. She left the country on 9/8, during which time we submitted a copy of her original I-94 to Lufthansa. Now INS has sent a duplicate copy of her I-94 extended.

With regards to duration, it took almost 6 months to get her approval from NSC!

Hi Rajasash
1/ Regarding return ticket confirmation, did you just sent the return ticket itinirary which the travel agent can give ? If you want to buy 6 months advance ticket, did you buy the ticket and then sent the ticket copy or something ? It would be great if you could clarify this part.
2/ I also saw your earlier response regarding tickets - My mother too has 4 months BA ticket, and I would talk to airline to see if they give any money back for the untravelled part, and can buy another one way ticket six months advance..(don't know what they'll say..)

Thanks

We had reserved a fully refundable full fare ticket directly through Lufthansa. Hence I sent the email confirmation from Lufthansa to INS. Hope it helps..