Original I-485 receipt required for Travel??

ManojKumar197

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

This is a question to the people who travelled using Advanced Parole while I-485 application was pending. Along with AP, do I need original Receipt Notice of I-485 or a photocopy was sufficient or AP alone was sufficient document?

Reply will be appreciated. I may need to travel soon.

ManojKumar197

AP alone is sufficient.

But to be cautious, I carried a copy of the I-485 receipt notice. I also carried an employment verification letter, recent pay checks and tax returns. None of that was required.

AP is reqd.

I came back two weeks back after travelling to India. My FP was done and awaiting 485 approval.At Port of Entry(Newark), asked to stand in US Citizen/GC Holders line. Officer at desk checked PP and AP and then sent to a different big room where we were told to sit. After 5 mins, another officer stamped the passport and AP and returned both to me.

Just carry that along.

It's just one more paper.

ManojKumar197 said:
Hi All,

This is a question to the people who travelled using Advanced Parole while I-485 application was pending. Along with AP, do I need original Receipt Notice of I-485 or a photocopy was sufficient or AP alone was sufficient document?

Reply will be appreciated. I may need to travel soon.

ManojKumar197

Quick question on the similar topic,

Using AP can we travel multiple times during the validity of that document? My work may demand me to travel to various countries in the coming months? I have AP approved till the end of next year.

Thanks

mygc04 said:
Using AP can we travel multiple times during the validity of that document? My work may demand me to travel to various countries in the coming months? I have AP approved till the end of next year.

If the AP is for multiple entry, you can use it multiple times. I have no idea about new format of AP, but in old AP format there was a box "multiple entry". That box should be checked on. Check if you have that box and whether it is checked on.

mygc04 said:
Quick question on the similar topic,

Thanks

Do not forget to mention this while you are applying for your AP. If AP is not valid for multiple entries, you will not be able to use the AP again. AP's are issued in the same way visitor visas are used, I mean single entry or multiple entry.

Thanks for all the replies.

I checked my document, under authorization it said it is valid for multiple applications for parol in to us during the validity.

Looks like I am ok till next year.