Original FP online message is still the same even after 6 months, Please help!!!

needpatience4gc

Registered Users (C)
We (me and my wife) have given the finger prints on 04/08/04 and so far the online message hasn't changed for both:

"On March 25, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

What does it mean? Is it stuck with finger print check or name/background check? Which is done first? How do I check both of them? I got these numbers from this forum for checking both. 1) finger print check (304-625-5590, 304-625-2406) and 2) name check (202-324-2399 and fax: 202-324-3367)

couple of weeks back, I called the finger print check number and the lady told me that the results were sent to USCIS on the same day they received (04/14/04). Does that mean the finger print checks were completed and if so, the online status message should change, right?

I called the name check number the last friday (09/17/04) and left a message with all the details (I've not faxed, though). Will wait whether they respond within 48 business hours!!!

Some of my frendz told me there is nothing to worry if the online doesn't get updated but I've read some cases here that name check can take more than a year.. I don't want to get trapped thinking the former. Can you please help how should I proceed further? Appreciate any help...