order of protection

arigsagc

Registered Users (C)
Before i got divorced from my ex- wife, we went to family court and an order of protection was given to her, but there was no trial really happened, after her allegations of domestic violence, i voluntarily offered her the protection through the help of her lawyer, since her lawyer told me that voluntary order of protection doesnt mean i was admitting any charges and no bearing at all to any of my future immigration issues. We got divorced and everything went fine and smooth. I move on with my life as she did and we both remarried and lived happily ever after.

my question is will this affect my chance of getting my citizenship by the year 2007???? any opinion gurus????

Looks like you are fine. It was voluntary and incident free. There was no arrest/conviction etc so it looks ok to me

I too agree with Rahul.

The best way to ascertain is to go to the court where the order was issued. Usually they have computer terminal, where you can check your name against all avaliable public records. Your name should not show up, because no case was registered against you.

So if I were you, I would go to the county where the restraining order was issued to see what records might be there.

Regards